bbd1234

Loc jaw Rifle Rail

I'm looking to buy this system for my wife's muledeer hunt. I'm just wondering if you guys and girls use this and how you like it.pros and cons

Pros- small, lightweight, solid mount, made locally.

Cons- requires tools to remove if you want to use it on more then one rifle. (edited to clarify why I put it as a con, sorry David)

• Like 2

I Love It! It's Awesome! I Use It All The Time And Recommend It To Everyone! No Need To Take It Off, It's So Small It Becomes A permanent Part Of Your Rifle!

http://timberlandoutfitters.blogspot.com/2013/06/tlo-interactive-seminar-and-class-by.html?m=0

• Like 1

The idea behind the Rifle Railz was the ability to leave it mounted on your rifle while hunting. Just like when you mount your scope to your rifle. It is there to stay until you choose to remove it. You will also need tools to remove your scope at sometime down the road. I have never had a customer comment to me about the need to remove it during there hunting season. Feel free to contact me directly if you have anymore questions. David Sales@aristotleeng.com

Hey bbd1234, not sure if it's too late for my opinion here or not?

I've got the Loc Jaw/ Rifle Railz system on several rifles and a TON of critters have met their demise because of it!

The biggest reason why I love it is because I'm usually helping others on their hunts and more times than not they are using one of my rifles. Having the ability to lock the rifle down for a "first timer" or a kid that otherwise would have a hard time holding the gun steady is a huge advantage and greatly increases their accuracy. For the experienced guys it does the same thing and increases the effective range on my rifles when locked down.

The Loc Jaw is better than the other products on the market because it's not just another bulky piece of equipment that you have to mess with or carry around in your pack or worry about it falling off. Aside from that, the technical reasons why it's better is because it doesn't apply un-neccessary pressure to your stock and it's constantly in the exact same place. Those are big reasons to consider if you've got a long range rifle.

As for the "Con" about it not being easily removed for use on another rifle... That's why I like it! I don't have to worry about it falling off, not sitting in the exact place it was when I sighted the rifle in, or if a clamp is going to crack my stock. I consider the system as part of the gun and not something removable. Sight the rifle in with it installed and practice setting up and shooting with it a bunch before the hunt and you'll greatly increase your chances of success! Best of luck, JIM>

I stand corrected, The professional hunters have spoken. There are not any cons to the Loc Jaw, it is a perfect system, we should all have one on every rifle we own. Case closed.

• Like 1

I think Lance and Jim pretty much summed it up. I have the Rifle Railz/Loc Jaw on my "go to" rifle and I love it. Others may see it differently but I don't see any reason to remove it. I like the analogy that Dave used comparing it to a scope on your rifle because that is exactly how I see it. I like that it is always on my rifle so if the right situation presents itself I can simply slide it on my tripod and I'm ready to shoot in a very short period of time. It is VERY useful when hunting in steep country where you may be shooting across canyons. I really like having this option when I am hunting but where its value truly shines is when taking kids hunting. One of the toughest obstacle for a lot of new hunters is target acquisition. With this system I can find the animal in the scope and then lock the tripod in place, move out from behind the rifle and let the shooter slide in. I have used other products that allow you to do this as well but like Jim stated above they put pressure on the stock when clamping down. Another down fall I experienced with a similar product that clamped to my rifle is that after a couple of shots the recoil can cause the gun to jump out of the clamp. This cannot happen with the Rifel Railz/Loc Jaw system which makes follow up shots so much easier if needed. I would definitely recommend getting one of these for your rifle. IMO its worth its weight in gold!

-Tracy

I have customers that carry with and without. I use the Outdoorsmans tripod that has a small tripod attachment, so I carry mine with it on. But if you are out glassing and find an animal at long distance, you usually have time to pull your plate out of your pocket and screw it in quickly. I welcome any other questions anybody might have about my products. David

Sales@aristotleeng.com

I have the Lock Jaw on three different rifles and am happy to say it makes me a better shot when it comes to shotting long distances . This system is also very handy if you have youth huters, its easy to set up lock the rifle in the trippod put the crosshairs on the animal for them cause most times they will have a tough time finding the animal in the scope , step back and let them go from there. I have even helped friends out on hunts with them using one of my rifles , they to having the same problem finding the animal in scope . The lock jaw not only gives you a stedy shot but is compact and atached to your rifle were most of the other similar products out there are just another bulky item you have to carry in your pack and would take longer to set up is were with the rifle rails its already atached you just lock it on to your tripod and get after it. I would recomend the lock jaw rifle rails system to any hunter out there wanting to improve there shooting skills. I own a 300 rum, 257weatherby & a 22-250 and they all three sport a lock jaw rifle rails system and will be ordering one for my new AR 10. Thanks David for inventing a kick a$$ product.