We may be camping by Aravaca, however I have a 36B tag late November. I would not go Solo, sorry to say to many things can go wrong in that area. Trust me I have seen it all down there. It gets a little scary sometimes if you camp in the wrong spot.

If I was you I suggest going with someone. Trust me you will glass up plenty of people trying to cross while glassing for your coues deer.

I know I have...

/>If I was you I suggest going with someone. Trust me you will glass up plenty of people trying to cross while glassing for your coues deer.

I know I have...

Believe me I don't want to go solo but its starting to look that way. I'm starting to consider the sierritas as opposed to the las guajas around arivaca just because its a little further from the border and I've been told there's more hunters in the sierritas which normally I would try to avoid but in this case I'm thinking camping next to a bunch of other camps might be a little safer. Send me a pm if anyone has any words of advice in what I have chosen as a hunting/ camping location. Any advice is welcome as I'm giving these southern unit leftovers a first attempt. Thanks!

I've been given some very good advice from some good folks on here and I'm certain I'm going to have a fun hunt. I can't wait!! I keep day dreaming about that awesome moment when you have been glassing and glassing and then all of a sudden you whisper loudly to your buddy "I got deer" that's what it's all about right there!!

I've been given some very good advice from some good folks on here and I'm certain I'm going to have a fun hunt. I can't wait!! I keep day dreaming about that awesome moment when you have been glassing and glassing and then all of a sudden you whisper loudly to your buddy "I got deer" that's what it's all about right there!!

ya that is what its all about. glassing and anticipation of an opportunity. im going with 0 expectations, just going to hunt and have fun.

Most of the time I spent in this unit, everyone tends to camp in groups and in the morning they make the long drive to their spot, I know arivaca lake always has around 50 ppl camping , good place for a crowd nearby and plenty of main roads to access from there

Whoops thought this post was on 36b haha, camp near the hwy in 36a that's ur best bet, I have camped there and in 36b and most southern units by myself, I take out my hearing aids before sleep too, just make sure ur loaded and ready if needed, I tend to sleep in my truck (camper) when out

Me and my hunting buddy grabbed a couple of these as well. His daughter has the jr hunt the week before, and I know he will try to camp in the jr deer camp if they have it, but he has a couple of guys who have hunted it recently that are supposed to run out with him to scout. He lives in Tucson, ( I used to ) so he gets to do the scouting for us this year, I havent hunted the unit in over 25 years, and I have no idea where we will camp, but your welcome to camp with us if you dont mind a couple of chain saw running at night. We hunted 36 c on leftovers 2 years ago, and we had no issues, but better safe than sorry. P.M. me if you want, I work just down the road from you in SCW.