Sign in to follow this  
Nahual

New Unit for me 20A does anyone have poiters

usually its nice to know tooo whom we are communicating- introduce yourself a little , if possible

best info is azg&f under hunting and then pic the unit - gives great basic info on where to hunt!

• Like 1

My buddy shot a hybrid last year across the wagoner road(20c side) up in the moumtains. I've only seen mulies in 20a. Some nice ones too

The best place to start is buying a Prescott National Forest map and take a drive for a few weekends and start checking it out. The lower areas are nasty thick brush and big hills. Higher up is pine forests. 2 years ago we checked out some of the area near the burn from the fire near Crown King and the deer were gone, they may be working there way back that way now. If you like to hike and like long shots, and like nasty brush stay low. There are some big mulies in there, but you will have to work for them and get lucky. Higher is denser forests and more deer, but also more hunters.

If you are going to stay low get some good bino's and sit on water holes and deer trails. That is where you will typically catch the movement and action.

If you decide you want to hunt low let me know and I will put you on a couple spots we have seen success on in recent years. It's hard hunting with the need to know your rifle but good deer come out of there. Shots are often in the 350+ yard area if your willing to take the shot. Last year the only shot I had was at about 700 yards. I passed on that because I wasn't on my rifle at that time and even then I am sure I had run out of talent at least 100 yards prior.

There is some private land over that way near cleator so be careful. There are deer there for sure though. We ran a good size buck out of there a few years ago. Get high and glass.

I grew up with my dad hunting 20a so I have a soft spot for it. It is a tough area though.

• Like 1