Sign in to follow this  
jeremiah lindsey

35b scouting trip

heading down to 35b to do some scouting tommorow i was wondering if i could get some pointers no honey holes or anything just some spots i could run into some deer i have never hunted this unit any help would be much appreciated thank you and good luck this season

What tagg did you draw for this hunt? I would recommend you to stay from the north side of the unit and work your way South. I've been hunting this unit for the pay5b years and border patrol population has increased over by Washington camp near the border. You will most likely run into them hiking in or out of any area down there. My plan fit this year is going as far away from the border in unit35b and try to get away from other hunters. If you want some company in one of your scoutings let me know. I might be able to come along on my days off.

Hey how is it going Jeremiah was just wondering if you got to go scouting down on 35b this past week? If so how did it go? Any luck spotting some bucks?

That's a good day of scouting. To bad you didn't see any bucks. Coming down any time soon again?

Canelo hills is a good place to start, look online or get a forest map and just go find little roads, there are a ton of them and a lot are untraveled ( except by BP). You would be surprised how far you can get away from other hunters while still driving roads. I have the late November early December hunt in there so good luck to all you early hunters, it's going to be a good year!