Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Polaris Quad problem

I have a 2001 500 HO carbed and lately the small gas overflow line is draining a lot of gas after running. Carbs never been serviced and have 9000 miles on it. Fuel n air filters good. Any suggestions

I have a 2001 500 HO carbed and lately the small gas overflow line is draining a lot of gas after running. Carbs never been serviced and have 9000 miles on it. Fuel n air filters good. Any suggestions

Probably the float is sticking, or needs adjustment. Check the float needle also. I have taken the carb out of 2006 sportsman to change the jets, It's not to hard if you are mechanically inclined. Sometimes a good cleaning will work.

Sometimes a little discharge out of the overflow is normal, especially when the engine is hot or the weather is warm. The fuel will expand a little and overflow can occur. If it is happening all the time, the carb probably needs attention

• Like 1

I had this happen....might be same issue. I started motor, turned off fuel supply and ran it until it died...that cleared it up.

• Like 1

I have a 2002 honda 400ex that has different jets for different elevations in the carb and how i have it set up right now it will not run in higher elevation over 5000 feet it will start but will have no power what so ever. To me sounds like you have a jet problem or an air/fuel problem

I have a 2002 honda 400ex that has different jets for different elevations in the carb and how i have it set up right now it will not run in higher elevation over 5000 feet it will start but will have no power what so ever. To me sounds like you have a jet problem or an air/fuel problem