Scooter

To Biscuit or not to Biscuit? That is the question.

I have one, so it would come at zero cost. I want to know from the panel of experts here whether or not I should take off the NAP 360 and put The Whisker Biscuit QS on the bow. I mainly spot and stalk, but I also shoot a lot during the week.

Should I?

No. It is a really good rest for beginners and or under 25 yards but I don't like anything influencing the flight of my arrows. IE hitting fletchings etc...

My .02

Its just what you like. I like the biscuit don't have to worry about your arrow flopping around while on a stalk. Mine shoots great. This is about my average group at 90 yards. So I don't think it will affect arrow flight other than you will lose about 5 feet per second.

post-4760-0-02159400-1376600852_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Its just what you like. I like the biscuit don't have to worry about your arrow flopping around while on a stalk. Mine shoots great. This is about my average group at 90 yards. So I don't think it will affect arrow flight other than you will lose about 5 feet per second.

+1 it really dosent slow your arrow enough to make a DRAMATIC difference. Yes, there are some other rests that offer a little less resistance and a little more accuracy. Personally I don't shoot over 70 yards. At least not accurately so I have never had to worry about my biscuit. Plus they are 1/2 the price of others. Mine is a couple years old and I have shot many times through it. I will get a newer one next year...maybe

• Like 1

I have seen too many drop aways fail during 3 d shoots to trust one. It only takes one time to mess up the opportunity of a lifetime!!! Whisker biscuit equals no moving parts. Nothing to fail period. End of story!

• Like 5

I had a drop-away and after my first elk hunt I switched to a biscuit and haven't looked back. I didn't like how the arrow tended to flop around and make more noise in the drop away. Plus it's probably me not practicing enough, but I couldn't load an arrow without taking my eyes off the animal and looking down. Biscuit has solved that for me.

Shoot what you like and shoot it enough that you're confident with it. For spot and stalk it just seems a simpler and more foolproof option to me.

• Like 3

+1 it really dosent slow your arrow enough to make a DRAMATIC difference. Yes, there are some other rests that offer a little less resistance and a little more accuracy. Personally I don't shoot over 70 years. At least not accurately so I have never had to worry about my biscuit. Plus they are 1/2 the price of others. Mine is a couple years old and I have shot many times through it. I will get a newer one next year...maybe

You really should shoot more

i think its funny that people say no to biscuts this and that. the pros in the 3d circut use prong rest no moving parts and i would say a majority of them use a biscut to hunt but alot of people say they are terrible

also the guy that won the broadhead contest (100yds) last year was shooting a whisker biscut and was shooting groups at that distance than most do at 50 i think thats pretty consistant

I don't shoot yr round, but with lots and lots of practice I get out to 100 yards with a whisker biscuit while practicing. No brainer on the biscuit.

• Like 1

Becker, no offence but do you shoot a compound bow?? I get kind of aggravated to hear people talk about moving part failures but when it comes to their bows which has MORE mechanical moving parts than anything in archery there isn't one bad thing to say about them, or the bows moving parts and possible failures. Now why is that?

Everything I shoot is mechanical, from my bow, broad heads and yes my arrow rests. But I also treat each one just like I do my bow. I know the working inside and out, I know their functions better than most people know how to use their keyboards. As a result I don’t have failures. Do you flex your carbon arrows? If the answer is yes what are you looking for? Defects maybe? That goes for all of your equipment on and off the field, Your bows, broad heads and arrow rests should all be looked over for possible defects, dust, dirt and function. But to shoot a compound bow and make a statement you won’t use a product it because of moving parts and why chance it just blows my mind. Just my thoughts.

If you shoot only a recurve disregard my little rant. :unsure:

GBA

In another forum, issues with whisker biscuits and tuning for broad heads.

How old is the WB? We had the same problem with my wife's set up. Her Muzzy 4 blades all hit a few inches below her field tips. Originally I just adjusted her sight for the BHs but, after a year of that I replaced the "cartridge" in her WB and the problem was gone, instantly. We bought her bow used so, I can't say exactly how old the rest was at the time.

Even the WB can have issues. Check over your equipment.

GBA

/>

I have seen too many drop aways fail during 3 d shoots to trust one. It only takes one time to mess up the opportunity of a lifetime!!! Whisker biscuit equals no moving parts. Nothing to fail period. End of story!

+1 it's a no brainer for me. One less thing that could go wrong.🎯

• Like 1