Sign in to follow this  
Justin Stahl

Spot and stock unit 32 antelope

Congratulations on a hard hunt for sure. Glad to see you were successful. Very nice trophy and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Congratulations on a great speed goat! Spot and stalk with archery equipment is quite an achievement!

Congrats, can't wait to get home to see it in person. Now if it would stop raining in my unit maybe I could get it done too.

I want to thank everyone for the comments! This was the hardest archery hunt i have had, but it has also been a dream of mine to take a archery antelope! I sat a blind Friday for 13 hr waiting for a big buck i had been seeing and only had a little buck come in. It rained Friday night so sat. was all spot and stalk, drew on a buck but didn't get a shot. I chased goats all day! They are the hardest animal to spot and stock because they just don't stop, At one point they will be going one way so you try to sneak over and get on them then they change there mind and go the other way, ( with all the cover there is out there in the flats it makes it tough)! Sunday morning left town a little late do to a blowout and late night getting home sat night, got out there started glassing and this buck walked across the road about 300 yd from us. It was on had some trees to stalk behind, ran from tree to tree to close the distance. Got to 106 yd and he put his head down and started feeding off, went to the next and last little tree i had he was 92 yd. He was looking my way, didn't know what i was i just sat there. He then walked towards me to try and see what was over there, Started making a scrape on the ground and forgot all about me. Ranged him 68 yd drew and the fever sat in, couldn't hold the pin on him to save my life. Shot like 1'' over his back, the buck ran a little bit to the left looked around as i ranged him again 68yd wow! At this point the fever was gone drew and the arrow hit right where i wanted it to, he ran about 70 yd and down he went! That's when i think everyone in that unit may have been able to here me and my brother witch was about 300yd behind me! I'm glad my brother was there to share the hunt with me!!

• Like 1

Congrats Justin nice speed goat

Congratulations Justin!! I work with your wife and I been asking her how you been doing. She mentioned all your frustrations the past week and she told me today that you got one. I told her you probably couldn't imagine how he feels and the accomplishment that comes with it all. Congratulations again.

Congrats neighbor!!

I was hoping to see it in person!

How did Brandon do?

Jeff