Sign in to follow this  
hunt4horns

Nitto terra grapplers or Big O bigfoot A/T's

The Mexican llantera shops are good for cheap spares too.

I had procomp xtreme ATs and switched to the Nitto Trail Grappler MTs mainly on price but I lost 2 mpg and I'm not overly impressed with the tread wear. 2 years old, less than 25k and im already getting close to needing to replace-that's alot of $. I'm gonna try and go back to pro comp ATs or comparable and may drop from 35's to 33's. they'll last me thru the end of the year tho so not a huge priority yet. E rated sidewalls are a big priority for me.

If you do mostly highway driving, I would go with the Toyo All Terrain; however, if you do a lot of off road, look at the Goodyear Duratracs.

I have used Graplers for over 10 years. I have never gotten a flat and I have always gotten over 60K on each set! Great tires!

• Like 1

purchased the Grapplers today for same price as the Big O. I personally think the Nitto is a better tire for the dollar. I really appreciate all the input. The BFG's were just out of my budget. Off to the White Mountains tomorrow to look for Bullwinkle. Thanks again for all the advice and input. I can honestly say it did influence my decision.

purchased the Grapplers today for same price as the Big O. I personally think the Nitto is a better tire for the dollar. I really appreciate all the input. The BFG's were just out of my budget. Off to the White Mountains tomorrow to look for Bullwinkle. Thanks again for all the advice and input. I can honestly say it did influence my decision.

Good choice. I don't like Big O after having 3 sets. They have a good warranty but that doesnt mean squat when you cut a sidewall in the middle of nowhere. That will ruin your day in a hurry, even with a spare you can't run the risk of cutting another. The last set of Big O mudders I had only lasted 25k on my 1/2 ton. The manager told me to go drive a screw through the sidewall and they replaced them, but it didn't change the fact that the tires sucked.

I now run Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Load Range E. Indestructible tire.

Well ... if you hadn't already bought, I'da thrown a wrench in your works. I've run Hankook All Terrains in Load Range E on my 2500 Dodge Diesel for years. First set I got 70K out of. Second Set I got 65K out of. Current set I have 35K on and they are wearing like iron. My wife has them on her Yukon in a lighter "E" (still an E though), and she has about 45K on them ... still looking good. Anyone looking ... I'd really look at these.