Sign in to follow this  
swaro06

Any one have a good recipe for a 270 win

Yes I shoot sst and love them I use imr 4831 54.4 gr cci primers and rem brass I got 3/4" group in my 700 and a Remington 7400 imo the best bullet for the money

54.0 grains of H4350 has always worked really well for me in a 270 with a 130 grain bullet. 47.5 grains of IMR 4064 is also a pet load for me.

I shoot the 130 grain Hornady SST in my .270. I use 55.5 grains of 4350 powder. I started using that load because my neighbor had an old Hornady book that recommended that as the accuracy load for a .270 (we started out using the spire point bullets though). Works great, but I actually think I got better accuracy out of the standard hornady spire point bullets. The SSTs have tremendous knockdown power though....amazing bullet.

I run r22 in mine. 150 nosler partion at 53.5 grains. Hole in hole

54.5 gr h4350 with a barnes ttx 130 gr bullet. If you don't already have the powder good luck finding it.

All the info is very helpful. Thank u to all. My 2 sons killed there az bears with a 300 win mag last year. The bullet was a hornady 165gr with imr 4350. They both reload. I was impressed with the bullet and accuracy.

All the info is very helpful. Thank u to all. My 2 sons killed there az bears with a 300 win mag last year. The bullet was a hornady 165gr with imr 4350. They both reload. I was impressed with the bullet and accuracy.

One thing that will likely improve accuracy of any bullet/powder combination is a competition bullet seater die. Cuts down on flyers in groups because it maintains better bullet/cartridge alignment

55 gr 4350 Barnes 130 ttsx oal at 3.355 in my remington 700 adl wal mart gun shots half inch groups at 100 and .8 at 200 pushn close to 3025 muzzle velocity great load for I find Barnes really picky on where u set in the lands and grooves

I prefer Reloder 22 with 130 gr Hornadys for my deer load. I also use H4350 with the 130 gr Barnes triple shocks with great accuracy, I switch powder as I run out of case capacity with the Reloder 22 and the long Barnes bullets...