CouesFanatic

Anyone Hunting 22

Yea, haven't heard a whole lot from people hunting the middle units this year, I am curious to see how those hunts in 21 and 22 turn out since this is the first year of the early hunts there. Might be kinda tough since these units don't generaly have the densities as the units down south.

I saw that the 6a early hunt last year had something like 6% kill odds so the g$f decided to raise the number of tags, what happened to managing for a 20% success rate.

Yea, haven't heard a whole lot from people hunting the middle units this year, I am curious to see how those hunts in 21 and 22 turn out since this is the first year of the early hunts there. Might be kinda tough since these units don't generaly have the densities as the units down south.

I saw that the 6a early hunt last year had something like 6% kill odds so the g$f decided to raise the number of tags, what happened to managing for a 20% success rate.

If the check clears, they consider that a successful hunt.

I saw 6 WT bucks in 1 weekend a few weeks ago in 22. Two of them were over 100''. Deer numbers are definately not as good as the southern units but if you have the patience you'll find some good deer. Good luck to you guys.

Hey Tommy,

Are your boys going to try for Coues this year, or just take any legal buck. I know they have both taken nice muley's before. I've hunted Unit 22 many times in the last few years so let me know if you need any info. I'm sure you won't though, cuz you the man! :lol:

Travis

I will be in 22 in NM. Not sure where I am going to hunt yet. My buddy scouted last month and saw 2 really good muleys and a few decent coues bucks. I am looking forward to bumping around a new unit over there.

Bret M