Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

heard alot of bugles in Unit 1 this weekend

I didn't hear anything in 10, friday or Saturday. Didn't see much running around either. Lots of Antelope and mulie does though.

Elk arnt going to be off the road this time of year. When I was in 27 two weeks ago I didn't see one off the road or hear a bugle off the road. I had to hike my butt off to hear/and see the elk. It makes sense with all The idiots up there already calling.

• Like 2

Guess it just depends on location right now. I was up in 21 over the weekend chasing some deer around and we had a good amount of bugling going on, glassed a few nice sized bulls across a creek and watched them bugle back and forth for over an hour. In 4b where i actually have a tag i havent heard a dang thing though!

Today was actually the first day for me this year to hear bulls bugle back and forth "aggressively". Still hopeful the rut will start on time again this year. Last year was the earliest in history as I recall.

• Like 1

was in unit 1 Sun - Wed Didn't do a lot of hiking, just a bit of fishing. heard bugles 45 mins before dark and couple mins before sunrise .... and nothing during day. Talked to some locals and said a lot of water and food on the mountains .. elk are spread out and not coming far down the mountains. And from what we observed ... the bigest heard we saw were 7 cows ... didn't see a bull but heard bugles right before dark.

8 days until the hunt in Unit 1. I cant wait, this is going to be a fantastic year. Good Luck to all of my fellow Archery Elk Tag holders!

I am in unit 1 right now. Bulls have been screaming all night and at first and last night. Have not heard much during the day though. There seems to be a lot more feed everywhere this year too.

AZ Ranger. There is tons of feed and water, I have been poured on by heavy rain showers during all of my scouting trips.