Sign in to follow this  
Scooter

Let's hear your "Zombie-dove" stories

Well not really Zombie ish, but one time my dog grabbed the bird and was bringing it to me and it was still flapping so she kept a death grip on it and chewed it a bit too much. The heart fell out of the bird and when I picked it up off the ground it was still beating.

I have also left a bird in the game bag after the hunt and realized the awfull smell days later.

/>Never had a zombie dove. But, years ago in grad school, I had trapped a spotted skunk and threw it in my freezer to skin it out later when I had some free time. Three years later, I was finally skinning out this long-frozen omnivore when my scalpel slipped and pricked the scent sac. Time slowed down to a crawl as I watched a stream of liquid leave the sac and arc with a perfect trajectory towards my open, screaming mouth! Yes, it went right in!!! Jalapenos, chiltapenes, chili peppers, even pepper spray couldn't hold a candle to the putrid and powerful force which exuded from that sac! I was rolling around on the ground coughing and hacking out my lungs, with non-stop liquid dripping out of my eyes. My nose and eyes watered for a week after that and I was coughing and hacking up mucus for a few days longer. Zombie skunk certainly had the last laugh on this one!

And I never watched zombie movies before, but last summer I found the Walking Dead on Netflixx and watched them all. I was just glad they couldn't run as fast as the zombies on Legend. Will Smith never had a chance!

Why on earth would you skin a skunk? I gagged just reading this story.

• Like 1