Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Zeiss tripod adapter?

I own 10x56 victory fl Zeiss binos. The tripod adapter is 200 bucks. I've had them a few years and have got by just resting them on the tripod top plate. Recently I took a spring clamp and a vortex tripod adapter, drilled and tapped the adapter and used a screw to hold it to the clamp. The clamp goes around the right barrel and holds it snug. My questions are.... Is it to snug? How much pressure can the barrel take, and has anyone came up with something better? I'm about ready to try to trade for some vortex 15x56. Great glass but I hate to blow the 200 bucks for a Velcro strap system.

In my family we have 2 ppl with Zeus conquest and ended up making our own straps!

Take a strip of 1x4 and cut it to the width of the binos, go to Home Depot and buy heavy duty Velcro strap, bout 3 inch in width, nail it to the base of the wood strip, drill a hole to the size of the tripod bit, then we put a small towel in the middle so the binos sit comfortably without creeping at the sides, after all that wrap it up in outdoors duct tape, works very well and has lasted my family members 4 years thus far

You saying the wood/Velcro setup is part of the adapter and you just strap the binos around both barrels in the center(forward of the adjustment knob?) and it's stable and secure? Wish I knew how to post pics of my homemade setup.

On a whim, I bought a bushnell universal tripod adapter for $20 just because I like to try new gadgets! Surprised how well it worked! Basically like the Zeiss adapter, but $180 cheaper. I think that would work.

post-8895-0-30618000-1380597318.jpg

post-8895-0-08274800-1380597334.jpg