azryan

african lion hunt video

they all would have deserved it...hah...im glad to see that lion went down fighting...it was kinda sad to see him die like that...absolutely no respect at all...people like that deserve for that to happen to them

what the heck bullets flying in all directions dont want to hunt with them guys might get shot :huh: :o :o

All i can say is "HOLY CRAP". Its a miracle one of them werent shot. the first time i saw it i thought the guy in the background got shot after he fell when the lion came back through. Pretty crazy

I just finished a great book called " The Maneaters of Eden" by Roberty Frump from the Lyons Press.

I highly reccomend it for a great read. It's about the maneating lions of Kruger Natl. Park and the migrating Mozambicans that have become their dinner. Kind of parallels on some level, the immigration problem that we have here in the U.S. without the lions. Maybe Billl Q. has read this book or knows more about the situation. At any rate it's really interesting stuff, not really realted to this thread other than it is in Africa.

Those are the videos that give hunters a bad name. That just maked me sick to my stomach that those people actually shot a lion that had no where else to go but towards them. The "nonhunters" are watching that crap and its just proving them right (in their minds) that all hunting is bad. It just pisses me off. :angry:

This has been around a while. Had some guys from Africa that do real hunts in Africa come buy the shop the sell us a hunt and this video came up. There is a lot more to this video then they let everyone see. It was edited. These guys had seen the entire video and what you do not see is that the fence that you see behind the lion was an electric fence and he runs into it and has no were else to go so he charges the so called hunters. They got less then they deserved in my opinion!!!

"I highly reccomend it for a great read. It's about the maneating lions of Kruger Natl. Park and the migrating Mozambicans that have become their dinner. Kind of parallels on some level, the immigration problem that we have here in the U.S. without the lions. Maybe Billl Q. has read this book or knows more about the situation. "

I've not read the book, and I couldn't open the video here, so I can't comment.

I do know that "canned lion hunting" is so common that SCI removed lion entries from South Africa and Namibia from its record book at least 10 years ago. Just last year new laws in South Africa spelled out how lions could be hunted on game farms.

For now, though, any lion taken in South Africa most probably came from one of the dozens of farms raising lions speciically for "hunters." A few wild ones do get out of Kruger, Pilansburg and other parks, or come across the Limpopo River from Botswana, but most of these are promptly put down by the locals.

As for maneaters in Kruger -- and in every park with lions -- what can I say? Lions are strictly carnivores, and a human is merely another meal.

On my first visit to Africa after becoming SCI's publications direction in 1983 I was the guest of the South African government and among other perks on that trip I was given a VIP tour of Kruger. The park's director took me to a room filled with computers linked to our satelites. They had divided the park into sectors and were able to use heat signals to count every animal the size of an impala or larger. T

he whole setup, I was told, had been put together by U.S. Army Signal Corps geeks from Fort Huachuca, Arizona -- small world, eh? -- for tracking humans.

While I was in the room the South Africans showed me the heat signals of three or four humans crossing the border from Mozambique. They said only about one in every 30 persons who tried to cross the park on foot was eaten by lions or killed by elephants.

Bill Quimby