Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Anybody Hunting 7E this weekend?

My wife has a cow tag for the non-peaks hunt this weekend. Has anybody been up there on any of the hunts that have wrapped up?

The wife is 7 months pregnant with our first daughter, and we will have our 4 & 5 yr old sons in tow so we will have to get real lucky. But maybe, just maybe we can catch one standing by a road.

Good luck. I hunt 7E almost every year for elk and very rarely see elk from the road. There are some good areas. Between the peaks and the PJ stuff to the north that are pretty short walks

That's where we plan to be. Hopefully we can glass something up that isn't too tough to get to. Mostly focused on making sure the preto wife and boys have a good experience.

Thanks to everyone who sent PM's with advice. We saw elk every morning and every night. Started the hunt with 7 bulls bugling in a meadow below us and ended it with a stalk on some elk headed for the same meadow. It was a blast. The best part was as we pulled out last night my wife said, "So, you can put me in for this hunt again next year."

• Like 1