Sign in to follow this  
Viper

.270 Win vs. .270 WSM...irony

About 5 years ago I was in the market for a deer rifle. I was settling on the .270 WSM. A few folks was talking me out of it..."stick with the standard calibers, ammo is more available" they said. I found a good deal on a .270 Win and bought it.

I find it ironic that I can't find factory .270 Win ammo, but there is plenty of .270 WSM from several manufactures. Go figure. <_<

I'll check the Walmarts around E. Mesa.

Stopped by Cabelas today looking for some .270 wsm in a ballistic silver tip in 130 grain. There were absolutely no .270wsm on the shelves.

Thanks. Bass Pro, last night, had no Rem Core Lokt, only 3 boxes of Rem Accutip at $42/box. There was a little Winchester. Sportsmans and two Walmarts had nothing.

Ive had better luck buying ammo for my.270 at pawn shops in Tucson. Cash box on Craycroft always had Hornady SST 130-150gr. I would call every store first that you can drive too and make sure someone carries them before you spend time driving around. Good luck hope you find some before you're hunt

Thanks for all the input. I am sighted in and have enough to shoot this weekend, and get me through the hunt. I just wanted a couple more boxes just in case. I am a bit of a procrastinator, but not so much when it comes to hunting. Maybe I'll have to take up reloading this off-season.

Good luck with your hunts.