Sign in to follow this  
Pine Donkey

Unit 27 cow hunt

I am headed up there in the morning to help my wife, daughter, mother and a family friend. Anyone else have this hunt?

We will be up there have 2 tags will be in a white lifted dodge with a trash talker sticker in the back you see us say hello

How did we end up??? I helped a friend drag one out and MADX got his wife on one.

Man it was tuff for us though, I drove and hiked like heck and didnt see nuttin but 200 does. Finally got lucky when someone a ridge over spooked a herd to our hilltop. I stopped her with a yell and my buddy dropper her. We were 20 yards form the road and hooked her to the winch.

I saw my first wolf at 12 noon on Sunday.

I tried the meat and hide on ONe of my mules and had some rodeo time. He calmed after attempt #2 and walked around in the woods with me. What a beautiful weekend it was up there (except the full moon). I had heard the road hunting was bad up there but it was quiet where we were.

I was in unit 8 last year and it was like downtown traffic there.

We killed a cow Saturday around noon after kicking them up out of there bed it was a 206 yard shot and my buddys 13 year old son had his first big game in the ground . Then killed another one on Monday morning with a 80 yard shot and our hunt was over. It was the toughest cow hunt I have ever been on . Friday all we seen was bulls Saturday seen 10 cows 1 bull Sunday we seen 8 bulls and 1 cow then Monday morning we seen 2 cows . Over all hunt was a lot harder than it has been in the past

Same here, only way we could find em was bummping them or from the road but its so thick in some spots there were no shots. I glassed like crazy with my wife and we saw zero.

Ya we had bout 8 thousand dollars worth the glass between the 4 if us didn't glass a single elk we also helped a guy from willcox load a albino cow elk was the coolest thing I have seen in a long time

We were skunked! The bulls were thick and the cows scarce. We did see a few cows; my mom missed a couple shots, but they all ended up with the tags in their pockets. We saw almost 10 bulls for each cow...crazy! Also saw a lot of road hunters. Quads and side by sides were everywhere...no meadow was safe.

The tag holders on this hunt were my wife and daughter, my mom and a good friend of my parents. Several other friends and family showed up to be part of the hunt. No elk killed in our group, but the time with friends and family is worth more than any tag! Sadly, our daily lives get so hectic that we need an excuse such as this hunt to make time for what is important.

/>We were skunked! The bulls were thick and the cows scarce. We did see a few cows; my mom missed a couple shots, but they all ended up with the tags in their pockets. We saw almost 10 bulls for each cow...crazy! Also saw a lot of road hunters. Quads and side by sides were everywhere...no meadow was safe. The tag holders on this hunt were my wife and daughter, my mom and a good friend of my parents. Several other friends and family showed up to be part of the hunt. No elk killed in our group, but the time with friends and family is worth more than any tag! Sadly, our daily lives get so hectic that we need an excuse such as this hunt to make time for what is important.
I went with my brother n law to 4a and had the same experience as you. Tons of bulls and few cows. On a good note though, found a nice set of coues sheds. :) and called a bobcat this evening.

Congrats to those that were successful.

Brian

/>

Ya we had bout 8 thousand dollars worth the glass between the 4 if us didn't glass a single elk we also helped a guy from willcox load a albino cow elk was the coolest thing I have seen in a long time