AzBuckCHaser1

where do they go

been hunting 36b and cant seem to get into any good bucks without 100"s of people already there what do you guys do where do these bucks go? thanks for any feed back , going agian tomarrow

kast1- I was in 36B Friday and Saturday and I know what you're talking about. These little critters are tough to get. We hunted up higher and I only saw 1 hunter in the area we were in. We saw plenty of deer we just didn't get any shots. I saw lots of people driving around and hunting the lower areas and it just convinces me more that not many people are willing to get out and get high up in the hills. I do realize that some people have health reasons for doing this. We hunted this area for 2 days and only saw 1 hunter up there. Im hoping the pressure pushes them up higher to us but the area is awesome and I know that we'll be able to find a good one in there. 3 times in an hour span I saw trucks or rhinos stop on the road, get out and look around for 10 minutes or so and drive on. I watched them in my binos and in the rhino there were 3 people in the front and one of the passengers even used his scope as binos from the seat. I say if you can get up higher in the hills in an area that looks good you can at least get away from thew majority of the other hunters. Also it was really hot Friday and Saturday and it's supposed to be 8-9 degrees cooler this week. Hope you fill your tag.

I was on the east side of the Galurios and there were "cities" of fifth wheels, motor homes, quads, dune buggys, etc. The ranchers are locking up the gates because they are sick of the mess. That will concentrate the "hunters" even more. The anti's don't have to do anything the "hunters" will ruin the hunting for them. :angry:

I was on the east side of the Galurios and there were "cities" of fifth wheels, motor homes, quads, dune buggys, etc. The ranchers are locking up the gates because they are sick of the mess. That will concentrate the "hunters" even more. The anti's don't have to do anything the "hunters" will ruin the hunting for them. :angry:

Your right Thomc.

I have been seeing more and more camps that show little or no respect for the land and the landowners. :angry:

We will be heading out to the East side of the Galiuros in 10 days, Any updates?? <_<

after 25 years of hunting that area, I have seen lots of changes, many caused by hunter ethics.

Thomc, Pm me if you were in the Deer creek area?

Your right Thomc.

I have been seeing more and more camps that show little or no respect for the land and the landowners. :angry:

We will be heading out to the East side of the Galiuros in 10 days, Any updates?? <_<

after 25 years of hunting that area, I have seen lots of changes, many caused by hunter ethics.

Thomc, Pm me if you were in the Deer creek area?

I was not in the Deer Creek area. I was at the G&F check point at Bonita. If you haven't scouted your area I suggest that you contact the G&F for the latest info on locked gates.

I hunted 36B all weekend and the deer have been holding tight in the thick cover due to the temps and wind. Another thing we noticed that the moon has been fairly bright even though it has been only half all weekend. On sunday we would basically have to step on the deer in the cover for them to move. And the only other time they would be up moving was around 7 in the morning and 5-6 in the evenings. Alot of the bucks I saw were either going in or coming out of the mesquite thickets where their bedding areas were.

Sunday the deer were holding real tight and bedded down for most of the day where I was. This little buck would not get up out of his bed for nothing, even when my buddy got to about 50yds and threw rocks at him.

beddedbuck.jpg

azpackhorse that is a great photo. Doesn't look like a bad buck either. I think you hit it on the head that the bucks will bed down and not get up.