Sign in to follow this  
AzBorderWatch

Unit 22 Mule Deer Hunt

This is my first post in the forums, as I am a new member and look forward to picking up some great information and sharing some of the like. I am getting ready for my Mule Deer hunt in unit 22 next weekend (leaving on the 31st for the hunt starting Nov 1st) and must say I have been hunting unit 22 for years and am very familiar with some of those desert/high desert areas Northeast of Horseshoe Lake. I have seen some great buck in there, including a huge Boone and Crocket that walked out in front of my rig while on my pig hunt in February. I'm really considering making it a 4 or 5 day hunt and take advantage of quail and duck season also.. Me and my father both got drawn in 22 for this hunt so will be going together. If there is any insight you might have or info you want to share just let me know, other than that I will update this posting (hopefully with pictures of a buck) when I get back from the hunt.....

Thanks all and it's great to be on the site

Isn't horseshoe lake in unit 21?

think if youre northeast of it thats 22.

i hunted in 22 with a fellow CW member once about 10 years ago. we drank rum all night and then woke up and walked out on a random ridge, a real nice 4x4 just stood there at about 150 yards and let us shoot him.

• Like 1

The deer antler growth is great this year in central AZ...That country behind the lake should be knee high grass and lots of deer... if you know your hunting spot really well maybe you can drag a buck like this 2013 juniors buck out of your unit... Good Luck!

post-996-0-19999600-1382621782_thumb.jpg

/>

Isn't horseshoe lake in unit 21?

think if youre northeast of it thats 22.

i hunted in 22 with a fellow CW member once about 10 years ago. we drank rum all night and then woke up and walked out on a random ridge, a real nice 4x4 just stood there at about 150 yards and let us shoot him.

Haha there was no $hit house luck at all... Pure skill! Them fellers camped up top missed the boat. Early bird gets the good buck!

• Like 1

Welcome to the best hunting forum on the internet.