Sign in to follow this  
Apache7mm

Let's Discuss... SC rez "Freak" un-masked!!!

So the cleaned skull came back on the Freak buck that was shot in Unit A this past Tribal Deer hunt and I snapped a few more pics.

How would You personally score this rack? Which is the Left Mainbeam and which is the Right Mainbeam? Eye guards?

This happens to be a discussion forum so let us discuss :)

j87u.jpg

inif.jpg

vmo5.jpg

y8e0.jpg

r3dv.jpg

DAN

Good question. I'd call an official measurer and let them decide. Or two, and let them argue. Either way, it's a one of a kind buck that I'd shoot at.

That buck was trying to grow two heads. I bet there will never be another buck like that to show up on this site. Is there a score on that buck at all?

Its always going to come down to who's scoring the rack but even "official measurer" doesn't mean they're automatically right, i scored it the way i knew was right to me but i'd like to hear other's opinions cuz we should always try to learn from one another :) glad we have a site like this to share our knowledge with one another, right or wrong :P

DAN

bullet in the antler?

• Like 2

That thing is a freak!!! Most impressive & unique coues I've seen this year including all auction/raffle bucks.

The two outer ones that appear to ball up under the pedicals seem to me to be the extra stuff. Looking at it from behind the ones that go up and out at the 45 degree angle is what I would choose as the main beams. They have the classic beading 3/4 of the way around and look in the picture to be the actual classic main beams. My 2 cents

Story is first time hunter, probably nervous/shaking, excessively told not to let it get away even though she probably didn't understand why, bullet through the horn but stayed intact through most of the pack out but eventually busted clean off, tape holding it back in original position, in all, a very satisfied hunter with her first deer ever :)

DAN

• Like 2

How about unbelieveable!!! Holly Smokes!!!!!!!

Jeez that is one amazing looking rack!