trphyhntr

have any luck in 36a?

I went with my neighbor on his hunt in the North part of the Sierrita Mountains. We saw more people than deer and didn't spot any bucks. They must have been there though because we heard a lot of shooting. The area we ended up in was a bit to crowded for my taste. I talked to a guy on a 4 wheeler and he said that some land owner blocked the main road up to the top of the mountain. He said last year the border patrol came in and knocked the gate down.

I went with my neighbor on his hunt in the North part of the Sierrita Mountains. We saw more people than deer and didn't spot any bucks. They must have been there though because we heard a lot of shooting. The area we ended up in was a bit to crowded for my taste. I talked to a guy on a 4 wheeler and he said that some land owner blocked the main road up to the top of the mountain. He said last year the border patrol came in and knocked the gate down.

so its gated again now?

Great. We have 5 kids w/tags, hope we can find them a few deer to shoot

so its gated again now?

It was when we were there for the first rifle hunt. I assume it still is. It sucks when you go to a new area, follow directions on the azgfd website to gain access to public land and some jackwagon blocks the road. The gate didn't look very sturdy. I would recommend putting your truck in 4w low to test it.

so its gated again now?

It was when we were there for the first rifle hunt. I assume it still is. It sucks when you go to a new area, follow directions on the azgfd website to gain access to public land and some jackwagon blocks the road. The gate didn't look very sturdy. I would recommend putting your truck in 4w low to test it.

lmao. well shoot, i only bought it cuz it was the last leftover available. hopefully it doesnt suck too bad.

36A is a great unit to hunt you just need to do all your homework and get far off the well traveled path

right on, thanks. ive looked at a lot google earth. i'll see how that works out for me lol.

The bottom buck was very old didn't have hardly any teeth left. The cool thing is the kid is only 15 years old. When he was set up on the buck he asked me three times if I was sure that he should shoot that buck. When he walked up to him he couldn't stop talking about his mass and the smile on his face was priceless! On a side note his older sister shot her buck a 566 yards right through the shoulders. It was a fun hunt and we saw a lot of bucks.

• Like 1

The bottom buck was very old didn't have hardly any teeth left. The cool thing is the kid is only 15 years old. When he was set up on the buck he asked me three times if I was sure that he should shoot that buck. When he walked up to him he couldn't stop talking about his mass and the smile on his face was priceless! On a side note his older sister shot her buck a 566 yards right through the shoulders. It was a fun hunt and we saw a lot of bucks.

youre getting me all fired up. too bad i didnt do any homework but e-scouting lol. i know we will still have fun regardless.