Sign in to follow this  
triton

36B mulies???

My sons got the junior 36b deer tag next weekend. Wondering if anyone saw many bucks on the early hunts. We saw a lot of does last year, but not many bucks...

Is that tag any antlered still? Should be able to find something with horns. Didn't appear to many folks tagged out on the first hunt.

Watch out for the PETA branch of BP, aka the chopper that will buzz the deer off. Then buzz you when you express your gratitude...

"Watch out for the PETA branch of BP, aka the chopper that will buzz the deer off."

Something like that happened to me - still not sure what the pilot was doing. Maybe he doesn't know AZ law - against interfering with a hunt.

All the BP on the ground I talked to were helpful, and none suggested I should find a different place to hunt.

There were a few National Guard helicopters screwing with hunters in 36C a few weeks back. It is getting looked into currently by some important folks.

/>Something like that happened to me - still not sure what the pilot was doing. Maybe he doesn't know AZ law - against interfering with a hunt.

All the BP on the ground I talked to were helpful, and none suggested I should find a different place to hunt.

Same here the ground guys were cool. That was the first time I'd had an issue. Had I behaved more appropriate, and got a tail number I would've called it in.

Did not intend to hijack this thread - The truth is I have never seen a Mule Deer in 36B, and was surprised to find the success odds in November are nearly identical for MD and WT. Just out of curiousity I would ask what kind of places you have seen MD in the past. I have seen them on the Santa Rita Experimental range and on Golf courses in Green Valley but that is 34A. The Unit Reports seem to hint at urban enviroments for MD. If it is any help I did notice the hay field on Bellotas Ranch is green.

Mule deer in 36 stick to the mesquite grasslands. The very east side of the unit or the Buenos Aires. Some pockets of mule deer are found north of the Arivaca Lake turn off but there is a lot of houses there.

There were a few National Guard helicopters screwing with hunters in 36C a few weeks back. It is getting looked into currently by some important folks.

Do you know what kind of helicopters they were by chance blackhawks, apaches? I know some guys the were flying down that way a few weeks ago on a saturday.

Ran into you at the tank down there Sunday. Well here is one we got that evening after speaking with you. Lucked out and found him around 345 that day and was finally able to pack him out right at dark. It was my grandfathers hunt and memorable one for my dad and myself being able to hunt with him another year. Send me a pm ill he down there helping another buddy and his son. Maybe can try and get all the kids one this weekend. Love seeing this great sport be passed on

post-1878-0-98401000-1384932669.jpg

post-1878-0-73013600-1384932697.jpg