Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Anyone hunt Desert Pheasant Recreation in Coolidge

Anyone ever hunt here. Looks like fun for a reasonable price. I'm planning on taking my 10 year old for his first Pheasant very soon. It would be fun to get a group together.

Adam

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pheasantrec.com%2F&ei=domLUvPDNMiViQL414DQCA&usg=AFQjCNElVgEt3znk9r0imz_cflMBAb4FZA&sig2=7L3rBoV9Rr9IjZD1dITiTg&bvm=bv.56753253,d.cGE

Stop teasing and tell us the hunt story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make an appt. Show up, pay the nice lady your money, she has a ranch hand go plant the birds in the alpha fields and you have all day to find them. They will clean them for a fee if you like when you are done. I went with a buddy and we ran 3 dogs My Britt and Shorthair and his Gordon Setter. My Shorthair spent 1/2 the day in the truck because shes a bit of a bird hog. LOL.

Thumbs down for me, my experience is that one of their young dogs ran out in the field and chased 3 birds out of the area. When we were out in the field towards the end I asked where are the rest of birds at ? Response was well looks like the dog chased three out that you paid for. This was over 5 years ago, maybe it has changed?

From the sounds of this place, I think using the word "hunting" is a little misleading.......When someone goes and puts birds in a field, for you to turn around 5 minutes later and go out and shoot, it's not hunting in my book.

(Although it would be nice if someone would do this for trophy elk. :D )

• Like 1

From the sounds of this place, I think using the word "hunting" is a little misleading.......When someone goes and puts birds in a field, for you to turn around 5 minutes later and go out and shoot, it's not hunting in my book.

(Although it would be nice if someone would do this for trophy elk. :D )

I agree %100. This type of "Hunting" is no different than paying to fish private water. You know your paying to catch more and bigger fish, but you also know that it's not the same as catching a wild fish. I pay to fish private water for one reason, to have "FUN". That's the only reason I would pay to hunt these birds. FUN!!!! As long as my kids have fun, it's ok with me:)

Adam

• Like 1

They fly pretty fast being pin birds, have your A game with you.

Don't knock it til you try it. The birds don't stay where they are put. I have hunted down there a couple times. Bob and Arlette run a good operation. I have enjoyed it everytime.

Shooting the birds is just an extra bonus. The real fun in this type of hunting is watching a dog use his natural abilities and training work a field for birds. I think it would be the same with wild birds, the dogs do all the work and hunting we just show up after the hunt is over and shoot at a flushed bird.