Sign in to follow this  
TwoGuns

November Moon

Well, my new adapter is working well, and I was able to take some great pictures of the moon while out last week. Couldnt find a deer to take a picture of, so I decided to "shoot for the moon." :D

P40601127.jpg

P40601222.jpg

twoguns

SHOOT THE MOON!SHOOT THE MOON!THIS IS SGT. STADANKO,SHOOT THE MOON! :D :D Cool pics Twoguns,hey do you happen to have a brother named Twodogs? :D :D Just kidding,they are cool pics though. B)

Those pics are awesome. On the last evening of my Oct. hunt I was looking at the moon through my 15's. didnt get any pics but you all sure did take some nice ones!!

I heard somewhere that you need a special lense or coating on your optics to be able to aim it at a light source such as the moon.

Is this true?

I was just using my regular swaro 15's, no extra lens or coating. Not sure why you would need a special lens. I don't think the moon is so bright that it hurts your eyes like the sun would.

Amanda

Looks like we all had the same idea with that beautiful moon. This shot is through my canon s2 with the 1.7 telo lense.

post-226-1163110194_thumb.jpg

I took the pictures with my 6.1 mp Olympus c60 zoom through my Nikon Sky and Earth 20-60 x 80 spotting scope. The Barska digital camera adapter i bought works perfect, no complaints at all. Much better for $30 than the others that were all way more. I didnt have to use any kind of filter, just the camera and scope.

I did have to buy a remote to take the pictures without touching the camera. Hope to get some good pictures of animals this year.

twoguns