Lance

Deer tusks!!!?

"Then we can SIMPLY believe in anything we want to, science or God."

Why must it be "or?" There is no reason why science and God cannot be compatable.

Bill Quimby

You are absolutely right Bill!!!!

It seems to be a natural polarization, and I fall into it all the time as well. Either someone has a fish symbol on their truck, or a fish symbol with feet, or a big fish eating the footed fish symbol. Who started the war?

Actually, the church did. Back when Newton was figurin' gravity, the church saw it as a problem and threatened him!

Schroeder's "The Science of God" is subtitled, "The Convergence of Science and Religion". The opening chapter discusses this polarization and its history.

The early church felt threatened by science and tried to repress it. Darwinians take scientific evidence and try to cram it into the evolutionary model to make it work. Why? Because there is something here that's bigger than the science. There are athiestic scientists that would like nothing more than to prove there is no God. Looks like the believers are afraid they could be wrong. Looks like the non-believers are afraid they themselves could be wrong. Looks like a lot of fear on both sides of the polarization. Must be why, in the Bible, when man encounters an angel or God Himself, these words are always spoken; "Fear not."

It's the biggest question we face as humans, Who is Jesus? Fabrication? A really good man? A prophet? a Liar? A lunatic? Or God Himself!

If we were evolving, we would figure out the war problem. And the polution, and over population. We haven't. We won't. We are not about a humanist society that will go on and on and on. Jesus says we are being sifted like wheat, and sorted like fish, and goats and sheep. I'm with the Shepard.

Thanks again Bill,

Mike

I need the Cliff Notes for this thread, does anyone have a spare copy? :lol:

Very cool stuff though, it's strange to think of hunting deer with tusks on them. :ph34r:

I know this thread has moved beyond just the tusk issue but this weekend I finally got around to cutting the horns of my Sons mule deer he shot this year in 36A Jr hunt and we noticed it and one tusk. He will pull that tusk and keep it in his hunting “medicine bag” ;)

azyoung

Mike and Bill,

VERY nice read! Despite what my wife thinks, us hunters can be edumacated also! Thanks for sharing your knowledge and beliefs.