Sign in to follow this  
dsears71

22n dec hunt

Hope to see some CW members up there this weekend! Good luck to all, be safe, and have fun!

Dsear71 pm I have a nice shooter for you. My buddy up in pine just sent me a picture of some nice guys, they finally came down from the rim.

backwoodsjeeper pm sent

22n just make sure you spot a bull thursday night and you are in place to shoot at pre daylight. If you glass them from the glassing spots and then try to get close you will just watch the bull die.With this weather you guys should get some fresh bulls.

I totally agree with you Jim, personally not going to make it up til friday mid day but looking forward to seeing what new bulls have moved into my area within the past couple weeks!! Going to be a nasty weekend for sure. Everyone be safe!

Headed up tomorrow to help my buddies son take his first bull elk. They have been putting them to bed for two nights now, his advice "dress warm face and gloves" lol I wont be able to sleep tonight.

Shot a 6x7 on sat hit him on the fourth shot saw him go down while I was reloading my gun he got up went into some trees never saw him again. There was a good sized puddle of blood where he went down then a blood trail for about thirty yards and it just stopped. I searched for him for three days and nothing. That about sums up my hunt.

/>Shot a 6x7 on sat hit him on the fourth shot saw him go down while I was reloading my gun he got up went into some trees never saw him again. There was a good sized puddle of blood where he went down then a blood trail for about thirty yards and it just stopped. I searched for him for three days and nothing. That about sums up my hunt.

Bummer!

Shot a 6x7 on sat hit him on the fourth shot saw him go down while I was reloading my gun he got up went into some trees never saw him again. There was a good sized puddle of blood where he went down then a blood trail for about thirty yards and it just stopped. I searched for him for three days and nothing. That about sums up my hunt.
that sucks! Shot my 5x5 730 morning under the rim as soon as I get t pics from my wife's phone I will post big thanks to all the friends I met up there and on this site. Hope to post my story by tonight thanks all( backwoodsjeeper) the one you talk of was there and survived he is a beast for sure.

Well there is a decent 6x5 up there we watched someone shoot and not even go looking for him. Still sitting there today.

That sucks can't believe other hunters would do that! I would have been happy to have a 6x5. I would love to find the bull I shot.