Sign in to follow this  
C.O.U.E.S.

The boil out ...

That's a sweet buck, I like to put dish soap in my boiling water, it seems to help with getting the little pieces of meat out of the hard to get spots.

X2 on Nice Buck.

I use Mule Team Borax instead of dish soap. Also, any skull I've had frozen first turned out much better. Not sure if there is something to that or not but my experience.

Worked great not sure why the piks are turned ..these handheld devices are a trip ..

I just completed an elk and coues, using arm and hammer super washing soda. Just need to beach the skulls now. It worked pretty good!

post-252-0-59727600-1386784385_thumb.jpg

It DID turn out nice! Did you do anything after the boiling....bleach....clear coat?

Great buck btw!

4 brown bottles of peroxide in a Tupperware ...soak skull overnight ..remove in th a.m and set in the sun for the day.. Repeat if necessary

• Like 1

Looks great.

So, another trick I've been told but haven't tried yet. Water down some white wood glue and paint it on, supposed to seal it.

4 brown bottles of peroxide in a Tupperware ...soak skull overnight ..remove in th a.m and set in the sun for the day.. Repeat if necessary

It took me five bottles (bigger container) and I soaked it for about 24 hours then rinsed it in hot water in the sink and still had a lot of fatty oils coming out of the skull so I put it back in a have been soaking it since Friday and just took it out. It is fairly white but I just put it into a sink of very hot water and am still getting quite a bit of greasy oil eminateing out of it.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/44436-european-mount-help/

post-3883-0-05894800-1386806148_thumb.jpg

/>+1 on Borax

Borax? Where can I find this stuff?

/> +1 on Borax

Borax? Where can I find this stuff?

Go to Walmart and in the detergent aisle get the Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda, it comes in a box about the size of a medium box of cereal.