Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Need some opinions on these 3 packs

So I'm looking for a daypack that will also pack out a quarter of elk or a deer. I dont camp days in at a time, all my hunts end at a campground somewhere. I carry a tripod and 15's all the time. Dont carry a spotting scope. I bow hunt mainly but would like to have a rifle scabbard for the future that will hold a full size rifle with 26 in barrell.

I have the Badlands Superday right now and am giving it to my son. I know that Badlands re-deseigned there 2200 pack and have some great reviews. I also like the Eberlestock x2 or the X1A1. Which one would you guys pick out of these 3. If you have some experiences with these let me know.

I really want to have my tripod and 15's pulled out easily.

• Like 1

GRAB THE 2200 THAT JUST POSTED FOR A $100! I love mine packed out several elk and 2 deer with mine. 👍

Not a fan of the new design. PM speedygoss he had a new 2200 for sale.

I've been around a lot of different packs. As far as day packs go, I think I've been most impressed with the antidote from blacks creek. The new tenzing pack looks impressive as well. Badlands make quality packs but I do believe that blacks Creek packs are more versatile. They're packs have lifetime warranties and they are awesome to deal with. And they handle a ton of weight! I would look into the blacks creek antidote or one of their similar packs or look into the new tenzing day pack.

I have had the eberlestock dragon fly for years now. It has finally seen its last day. My major complaint with hunting packs is their weight. My eberlestock is like 7 pounds or something. Its heavy when its empty. Throw in some big eyes and a tripod and makes for a heavy day. It just seems to me that the hunting market back packs are made to be hunter friendly but that translates into unnecessary weight and in some cases they don't carry the load like you should be. I just bought a new pack. Its a kelty. It will carry more than I want and the dang thing only weighs 4lbs. Internal frame, water bladder compatible, now it doesn't have the gun scabbard or any of that COOL stuff but the 3 or 4 lbs I shaved off sure has made a huge difference. If the packs are made to climb everest and all that I figure it can't be bad. I can put my tripod on the side of it strapped on. Has plenty of little pockets and spots for my junk(knife,gps,rangefinder,sunscreen,all that). I prefer to carry my rifle though. Mine is almost to long for the scabbards anyway and I always end up getting hung up in the brush. Plus I don't get to carry my rifle but for a couple days a year so it doesn't bother me any. And for $140 bucks off Amazon vs the $300 plus for now days hunting packs I don't see how I can beat it. Its not camo but I got a forest green with tanny creme color highlights that looks kinda camo-ish sooooo. I'll see how it holds up but thats the route I took this time. Just my 2 cents.

I bought the X1A1 about a year ago and have never used it. To complicated for my taste. I bought it on line sight unseen and it was a mistake for my needs. I usually use a big fanny pack or a Cabela's day pack for the stuff I do. If you decide that's what will work for you, let me know and I'll give you a deal on it.

JO

I just ordered a tending 2220 day back that can hold a bow or rifle. I threw a post up if anyone had any experience with it but no replys. From what I've seen threw videos it looks promising.