Sign in to follow this  
elkman

Big Eye Optics

Just wondering if anyone on the site has tried any of the double spotting scope mounting brackets in =stead of the kowa big eyes?. I am in the market and want to mount 2 sts 80 swarovski spotting scopes together and am just having a hard time finding any of the mounting brackets. All the places i call say they are not making them? Anyone have any experience with them, also any idea where to get one.

Not sure if this is what you are talking about but a buddy made me this bracket. I've never tried mounting two spotters on it tho. mainly because I don't have two so I don't know if the eyes would line up. Didn't know they actually sold them so I can't help you there either.

post-4673-0-56872000-1387233862_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That is a pretty nice set up but I am actually looking for the bracket that you could mount two spotting scopes together so you can glass out of them like binos

I saw a guide on Swarovski's TV show using one this weekend. They were in Mexico hunting Coues. I think was Vaquero Outfitters. Maybe look them up and ask?

The twins work good to save shoe leather, weight and money...imo

post-1414-0-06670200-1387244836_thumb.jpgpost-1414-0-50893600-1387244862.jpg

I would not use them all day like that, alignment isn't perfect... but for me...way more comfortable then a spotter and they focus great considering.. :ph34r:

Didn't Jay Scott post a pic of something similar to what you are looking for in the post of the Ram hunt?

post-5396-0-28633900-1387252814_thumb.jpg

kowa highdollars...and yes the are amazing...sorry I drink hater-aid every now and then.. :P..one of these days they will be in the arsenal. oh,yeah sweet pik

Yeah I seriously thought about the highlanders. However I have heard the double Swarovski spotters are better. I would gave pulled the trigger on the kowas however I hate the angled eye piece.

No one has used these type of brackets?

Swfa made the bracket you are talking about, not sure if they still do. There was a discussion on here a few years back and the reviews weren't very good. If you want the straight eye pieces, check out the doctors 30x. Becker has them, maybe he'll chime in with a review.