Sign in to follow this  
roninflag

feral hog in az

Most people that know where they are don't want to share info I know that there is a older post where they talked about the feral hogs.

check past post lance and his family had a youth hunt and they posted pics of several hogs and pigs taken archery by the kids like 2 yrs ago!??

ok 4 yrs ago

search title -- JAVALINA RODEO+! TLO -- author lance

I CANT COPY PASTE LINK FOR SOME REASON

post-3096-0-65745800-1390930821.jpg

post-3096-0-50798800-1390930947.jpg

Elkaholic- i need to talk to lance here in flag. But , 70000 rifle deer hunters, thousands of rifle pig hunters, archery deer andjavelina hunters................. not one confessing to taking a feral hog in the past year. they must be pretty scarce unless you go to unit 13 ro bullhead city.

we can only thank god we have the sunny / hot weather that will not allow these pests to expand- they love cool / damp places

you'll most likely find them in a yr round stream or river

game and fish has maps/ information etc that show places they have established populations and historical data

there are a couple of private ranchs in the state that do have feral hogs that can be hunted for a fee.

areas around these ranches often have a few wild ones that got out - its happens

90% of hunters across this state will never see a wild feral hog - I say we are dang lucky they don't!

heck I have a hard enough time trying to find a dang coyote while I'm out hunting and we know they are everywhere

• Like 1

Hogs don't sweat, so you'll only find them near water. Had an uncle shoot one around Bullhead City in the early '70s.