Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

moved tag discussion to campfire for further debate and hate mail. :)

Now don't quote me on this but I think these over the counter tags are temporary I got my archery deer n mountain lion from walmart might I add the prices went up but oh well. Has anyone got the cheap paper ones from AZGF or did they say they did n I missed it ? Also why hasn't AZGF said anything about what is going on?

Tried a couple of Walmarts a couple of times before the year turned .. clurks weren't able to come with any tags either time .. lucky for me I have a lifetime hunting fishing with trout .. so I stoped by Az G & F on my way up to the Bagdad area to try and find the grand kids .. but that didn't turn out all that well as my pack goats started complaining and drawing a crowd in the parking lot while I stood in that long line and I ended up leaving without a lion tag ... I was able to stay legal though as the lions up there desided to avoid us but I'm still on the hunt for tag.

So what do you do if you don't have a zip tie and a plastic bag?

cut a vine!.. LOL!

James

I got my tag and license from Walmart the other day. For starters the clerk said he had to give me the yellow carbon copy instead of the hard copy. (Lame!) The yellow copy is flimsy and wouldn't last a week in my wallet or truck when it's 110 outside. I also received one of the cheap paper tags. Same thing wouldn't last in my wallet at all. Not sure what game and fish were thinking when they changed this stuff. So to protect my license and tag I vaccum sealed both. What a pain in the a**!!!!

Picked up my non permit archery deer tag at the g&f office in mesa this morning and it was the same type you get for rifle. Curious to see the paper tag everyone is talking about.

I have electrical tape for my tag as soon as I harvest the critter than I will wrap the tag around the leg or antler (like rolling up a dollar bill to a straw) and then I will put the tape around it. That away it will stay on the critter. The bag could easily get caught on a branch and get torn off. Just doing it how I have seen other states do it. No big deal if this is what they have then this is what they have.