Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

moved tag discussion to campfire for further debate and hate mail. :)

What difference does it make? For crying out loud if they didn't have tags everyone would have cried. Now they have tags and everyone cries because they have to get a ziplock bag and some tape.

They add tags, people cry. They reduce tags people cry. So much crying!

• Like 1

Heck now that it is in the campfire. If I was G&F I would have said lick it and shove up you know where. That would stop a few of you all from using it again.

/>

Heck now that it is in the campfire. If I was G&F I would have said lick it and shove up you know where. That would stop a few of you all from using it again.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Welcoming all discussion around the campfire even from you 2. maybe you could share your thoughts on why it is ok with you that they would not sell tags that stores had in their possession as usual over counter around state and explain to those who waited to buy tags how they are just stupid and should have known G & F would screw them out of their morning or days of hunt for not predicting G & F's actions. im realllllllllly anticipating your knowledge on the subject from prior posts i can see your very considerate to other hunters. Gr8.. awesome.... thx

• Like 1

What pisses me off is that I cant go to walmart and get the tag for archery deer I have to drive all the way into Tucson to G&F to get it

What pisses me off is that I cant go to walmart and get the tag for archery deer I have to drive all the way into Tucson to G&F to get it

I bought a Lion Tag @ Walmart yesterday and it was the same tag I have always bought in the past.

• Like 1

/>Welcoming all discussion around the campfire even from you 2. maybe you could share your thoughts on why it is ok with you that they would not sell tags that stores had in their possession as usual over counter around state and explain to those who waited to buy tags how they are just stupid and should have known G & F would screw them out of their morning or days of hunt for not predicting G & F's actions. im realllllllllly anticipating your knowledge on the subject from prior posts i can see your very considerate to other hunters. Gr8.. awesome.... thx

Does there really need to be two threads on you bitchin about the "system"? If you don't like it quit using the "system". There was plenty of time to get a tag and not miss a day.

• Like 3

I bought a Lion Tag @ Walmart yesterday and it was the same tag I have always bought in the past.

Was it exact? Had a buddy who got one, it's similar but, they aren't universal with the punch on which species and cost. No big deal, just wondering exactly how many different kinds of tags for the same species are floating around.

/>

Welcoming all discussion around the campfire even from you 2. maybe you could share your thoughts on why it is ok with you that they would not sell tags that stores had in their possession as usual over counter around state and explain to those who waited to buy tags how they are just stupid and should have known G & F would screw them out of their morning or days of hunt for not predicting G & F's actions. im realllllllllly anticipating your knowledge on the subject from prior posts i can see your very considerate to other hunters. Gr8.. awesome.... thx

Does there really need to be two threads on you bitchin about the "system"? If you don't like it quit using the "system". There was plenty of time to get a tag and not miss a day.

And same for you, if you don't like this thread, don't read it or post in it...

/>

/>

And same for you, if you don't like this thread, don't read it or post in it...

It's a open forum right? Get bent!

/>

/>Welcoming all discussion around the campfire even from you 2. maybe you could share your thoughts on why it is ok with you that they would not sell tags that stores had in their possession as usual over counter around state and explain to those who waited to buy tags how they are just stupid and should have known G & F would screw them out of their morning or days of hunt for not predicting G & F's actions. im realllllllllly anticipating your knowledge on the subject from prior posts i can see your very considerate to other hunters. Gr8.. awesome.... thx

I dont think im only archer that has a problem with how all this is going down.. i am very glad things are all working out nicely for you.

I will redo my last statement couple places I went before didn't have them. Finally went to Walmart they had them but not very fond of the idea of the put it in a bag n zip tie it to the animal. To me there is going to be people not being responsible about it n yes I do understand that it is done in other states. I was also told today that these tags are only temporary stores are going to be able to print them out for you in store now how true that is I have no idea.

I am just wondering if the Commission amended or changed the Regulations for the new paper tags? I don't remember seeing it on the commissions agenda or in the new rule changes in the Elk & Antelope regulations.

. Except as permitted under R12-4-217, immediately after

an individual kills wildlife, the individual shall attach the tag to the wildlife carcass in the following manner:

1. Remove all of the detachable paper covering from

the adhesive back of the tag;

2. Seal the exposed adhesive portions of the tag

around the wildlife so the tag cannot be removed or reused and all printing on the face of the tag is vis- ible, and

a. For antelope, deer, or elk: seal the tag around

the antler or horn, or through the gambrel of a

hind leg;

b. For bear, bighorn sheep, buffalo, javelina, or

mountain lion: seal the tag through the gambrel

of a hind leg; and

c. For pheasant, sandhill crane, or turkey: seal the

tag around the neck or a leg.