Sign in to follow this  
azcoueshuntr

Mathews blows up Again 2nd time this year

Shorn easton bloodline 400 spines arrows at 28.5 inch draw length which is what the chart calls for this is my 6th mathews bows my kids still own there's a z7 extreme and passion this is the only bow I have ever had problems with which bow shop would u guys use I'm in the east valley

/>400 gns is plenty for 70lb draw! 350 gns is minimum required.

I think you guys are confusing spine with weight. If he's shooting a 400 SPINE bloodline at 28.5" x 7.7 grains per inch, that's 219.5 grains of arrow. Depending on vanes and insert and broadheads weight I'm guessing they are lighter then 400 grains. Probably still not out of line though

I am not confusing spine with weight. I was responding to the comment that 400 GNS is too light. Now that he posted his setup i would say he is definitely underspined.

If you are shooting 70lbs you should go to a .350 spine or more. Also make sure your arrow weight is at least 350 after vanes,inserts,broadheds etc.

You are right on the edge for a proper spine. In all reality you should be in the 340 spine for that setup.

If you are shooting blazers and a 100 grain tip you are going to be right around the 355 grain mark which is a very light setup especially for hunting.

my arrows tip in at 375 with blazer vanes and 100gr swackers and lumenocks just got an email back from Mathews and the whole bow is gonna be shipped out in the A.M. there gonna set it up all back to spec and check for defaults in the meantime im S.O.L for the rest of my pig season and deer

At 5 grn a pound would be 350 grn for 70lb So 400 grn arrow is not on lighter side IMO and op said limbs backed out one turn so would be under 70 lbs unless bow not tuned. I doubt arrow is problem. Never seen limb splinter like that unless hit it or hit stand when shooting maybe?