derbiv

Foxpro vs. Primos Alpha Dogg ?

Was watching the Primos TV show the other day when they had Randy Anderson and a buddy on. They had an Alpha Dogg out there as well as mouth calls and shot 12 coyotes on maybe 7 sets... Made it look pretty impressive

Those 7 'sets' could have been over a week, a month, heck even a years time... They're selling a product, remember that.

They were clearly claiming it was the same day, and I don't really have any reason to doubt their integrity. They could have easily sold it with the awesome footage they had without having to claim that it was all done in one day.

Doesn't matter anyway, I tend to believe the Foxpro will always be a better E-call in the end... I was just pointing out that the Alpha had been on TV recently.

Was watching the Primos TV show the other day when they had Randy Anderson and a buddy on. They had an Alpha Dogg out there as well as mouth calls and shot 12 coyotes on maybe 7 sets... Made it look pretty impressive

Those 7 'sets' could have been over a week, a month, heck even a years time... They're selling a product, remember that.

Get the Foxpro Scorpion. Used for $250 shouldn't be hard to do, I've killed a lot of critters with mine.

It was one day.

I bought my son a turbo dog and while it is fine for some terrain it is not loud enough for windy days and I can reach out much further with my mouth calls.

Just took my wildfire2 out for the first time 14 min on the first stand DEAD BOBCAT.... i love this thing!! Foxpro is a great product ...

• Like 1

While I am still just lurn'n myself how to hunt predators, I have not had any problems with my Alpha Dogg. Not loud enough? Are you kidding me, this thing is loud. I have never turned the volume up all the way yet. The range with the remote is longer than I have used it and I have used it out to around 100 yards while it was tucked in bushes.

As far as sound quality is concerned, I do not know how it rates to a Fox Pro. It's good, but does sound kinda like it's coming from a tunnel. Foxpro may sound similar I do not know. There is nothing better than sound emanating from a more organic source as in mouth calls. It takes time to practice with those mouth calls. They aint as easy as press'n a button, plus you need a place to practice.

One thing that bothered me yesterday, is the Synchronizing. I am not sure if it was because I tried to dowload sounds or if I changed batteries or what, but my Alppha Dogg needed synchronize at my first set yesterday morning. It takes several minutes to synch and because I didn't know what was going on, i kept restarting. I ended up messing that set up, but I had a hawk come in. Lesson learned- test call before I go to the set, if it needs to synch do it before I go to the set.

/>Just took my wildfire2 out for the first time 14 min on the first stand DEAD BOBCAT.... i love this thing!! Foxpro is a great product ...

I Hope You Bought A Lottery ticket!

• Like 1

That lucky huh?

I'm hooked now!!!!!! Never thought to much about Predators but now i got the bug! that was the coolest thing I've seen in awhile .. the way that cat worked its way in got the ol blood flowing ..

I have a foxpro FX3 I'd be willing to sell, I dunno what it's worth, paid $400 for it a few years ago and I've only used it a time or two.

I will say that my impression of Primos customers service is not great as many have already suggested. FoxPro has an e-mail tech support, Primos does not. Plus, I have tried a couple of occasions attempted to download sounds to my Alpha Dogg to no avail. I am not the most computer savvy person, but they sure make it a fairly easy to pay for their sounds, but like with their product, they seem to care less once they get your money. Obviously I am quickly rethinking my purchase of the Alpha Dogg, not because of the call itself, but largely based on the culture of the Primos Corp.

I will say that my impression of Primos customers service is not great as many have already suggested. FoxPro has an e-mail tech support, Primos does not. Plus, I have tried a couple of occasions attempted to download sounds to my Alpha Dogg to no avail. I am not the most computer savvy person, but they sure make it a fairly easy to pay for their sounds, but like with their product, they seem to care less once they get your money. Obviously I am quickly rethinking my purchase of the Alpha Dogg, not because of the call itself, but largely based on the culture of the Primos Corp.

I haven't dealt with them on their e callers, but have with their hand calls and have always had great service.... actually spoke to wils' brother I believe and he said send it back and we'll get you a new 1..... 2 weeks later I had a new raspy coaxer. also the same results with the still cottontail call. this was before they blew up and started buying others products so I may be way off, they may be too big for their britches....

haha, I used the word britches, I am gettin old! LOL!

James

• Like 1