Sign in to follow this  
KCCO!!

WTB 15x56 vortex kiabab

I would check out the newest 15x56 vortex just came out with called the vultures! They are hd and a lot cheaper than even a used pair of kaibabs!

The vultures must be pretty new. Can't find much on them in the way of reviews.

With used swaros coming down to the $1300 range and zeiss's new 15x56HD for $1500 I would hold out a bit longer and save a bit more for some non oriental glass if I were you.

With used swaros coming down to the $1300 range and zeiss's new 15x56HD for $1500 I would hold out a bit longer and save a bit more for some non oriental glass if I were you.

This. I just upgraded to the Swaros from the Kaibabs and there is a big difference. Well worth the extra cost if you can find some in the $1300-$1500 range.

I have sometimes thought about selling my Kaibabs and upgrading to Swaros. Part of me is extremely happy with the kaibabs, and I am afraid to even look through swaros incase my eyes see a big difference. Most everyone agrees Swaros are the gold standard. Some say they are slightly better than kaibabs, some say they are way better. I can't help but think a lot of opinions are slightly biased towards what ever the person owns. Somebody who owns Kaibabs is more likely to say they are close to swaros to make them feel better about not forking out the extra cash for the upgrade. Somebody who owns Swaros is more likely to say they are WAY better. I would say that they were WAY WAY better if I dropped an extra $500 to upgrade them just so I could sleep at night. I guess the only way for me to figure that out is to look through both.

My bino's are 15x56 swaro slc's. My brother has 15x50 vortex vipers. I have looked through both, in the field, at first light and dusk and mid day. Mine are definitely better, but I don't see a $1,000 difference. In my opinion, swarovskis are the best, but vortex is a much better value.

I have sometimes thought about selling my Kaibabs and upgrading to Swaros. Part of me is extremely happy with the kaibabs, and I am afraid to even look through swaros incase my eyes see a big difference. Most everyone agrees Swaros are the gold standard. Some say they are slightly better than kaibabs, some say they are way better. I can't help but think a lot of opinions are slightly biased towards what ever the person owns. Somebody who owns Kaibabs is more likely to say they are close to swaros to make them feel better about not forking out the extra cash for the upgrade. Somebody who owns Swaros is more likely to say they are WAY better. I would say that they were WAY WAY better if I dropped an extra $500 to upgrade them just so I could sleep at night. I guess the only way for me to figure that out is to look through both.

I upgraded to the Swaros after last years deer hunt. I was struggling with the edge clarity of the Kaibabs and having to adjust my FOV on the tripod more often than I'd like due to lack of edge clarity. It was really frustrating me so I took the dive. The Swaros fixed that problem and are very clear to the edge. The sharpness of the image and the color is slightly better than the Kaibabs. To say that the Swaros are WAY better, I would say that depends on the person and their preference. For me, I'd say they're WAY better in edge clarity, slightly better in sharpness, brightness, and color.