Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

Young and Dumb

Thought it was time to get a picture in my avatar so here's a picture of my first Coues. Shot it 10 years ago. It was my first WT hunt ever. I grew up hunting Blacktails in the rain forests of Oregon so at the time I had not idea of what I had or had done. When I had the chance to go the only gun I had in AZ was a DU anniversary addition lever action 30/30. I shot him on the run at over 150 yard with open Iron sights. My friend who introduced me to WT here said I should just quit as I would never do any better than this...both in size and shot. 10 years later I'm still working on getting close. He goes right at 100" +/- 1.

post-1361-1164942605.jpg

Great buck! Yes.... you are spoiled. :P

I can relate... My first coues was 92'' & still is my biggest coues to date....Bret

Great buck Scout'm.

I also can relate as my first coues went 110"

A score I may never top but I'll have fun trying :)

Nice looking rack Scout'm. My first one was also a surprise to me too as to its quality and it was only a 97". I will settle for a repeat though on my Dec.'s hunt!!

4x

you left the most important part out for 4X4ORD - the fact of where that buck came from.... 30A. :o

Nice looking rack Scout'm. My first one was also a surprise to me too as to its quality and it was only a 97". I will settle for a repeat though on my Dec.'s hunt!!

4x

(only a 97'')........I'll (settle) for a 97'' any day!!! :)

That's a very respectable buck on any hunt to me....Az., N.M., Oct. thru Dec..... I'd be flingin lead! Bret

great looking buck. Especially shot with the "brush gun". I know what you are talking about, I grew up in Olympia, WA. and hunted blacktails in the jungle my whole life until I moved around the country starting in 1988. It was a real eye opener to hunt open country and glass for animals. Great looking buck you should be very proud of........congrats............Allen........

the really sweet thing about this buck is that it is very symetrical. only about 1 inch of deductions. about a half inch on the eye guards and then an 1/8th here and an 1/8th there. very, very nice buck. now you just need a cape! :o

Very Nice indeed. It is always fun trying to top your biggest buck! Good luck on that chore!

Is it really from 30a. thats the first unit that came to my head cuz my first was a 92" that looks very much the same as that buck, and it was shot in the same unit. My buck only had 1 1/2"inches of deduction, its crazy how much my buck looks like that one.

creed

the really sweet thing about this buck is that it is very symetrical. only about 1 inch of deductions. about a half inch on the eye guards and then an 1/8th here and an 1/8th there. very, very nice buck. now you just need a cape! :o

I know I need a cape but I want to shot the animal the cape comes from!

Still stalking my first! Nice one though.