Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Javo Scouting

My buddy, myself, and my son went scouting today for our rifle javo hunt in February. We had a pretty successful scout. We did not see any actual animals but we saw a decent amount of sign. We went in late because we didn't want to possibly interrupt the juniors hunt in the area this weekend. There were no hunters in our area thankfully but we made our way in. We took my 22 month old with me too for his first scout so we knew we probably wouldn't get close to anything alive because he probably wouldn't be real quiet. We drove in and check a few places and there was some sign but water is very spare right now. We hiked into our last area and found some decent sign and track. A 30lb kid in a hiking backpack with water and such in it will get me in shape in a hurry.

We stumbled into a couple AZGFD live traps and one had a bobcat in it. He didn't look real happy to be in the trap but we only got close enough to figure out what was in the trap and get the trap number for the AZGFD.

We had a good time and we took my son on his first scouting trip. He helped out a lot with pointing at planes and birds and such. It was great to get him out though. With any luck the info he helped us gathered today will lead us to a successful hunt.

post-592-0-23311000-1390704413.jpg

Gotta love it!!! Enjoy your treasure!!

Here is the bobcat

post-592-0-80010900-1391535444_thumb.jpg