capoeirajosh

Which Pack??

/>I just ordered the Kifaru timberline 1. It is 7200 cubic inches, but only weights a few ounces more than the timberline 2 which is 5200 cubic inches. I was originally going to go with the 2, but I read quite a few reviews of people who bought the 2 and wish they had gone with the 1. There is hardly a weight penalty and they compress down to the same size for a day hunt. You might not ever need the extra volume of the 1, but it is there if you do. It is easy to compress a pack down but you can't make them grow.

That looks like one heck of a pack! Little high on the price for me, but will for sure keep it in mind if I am not finding anything that I like. Good for you man! :-)

It was a little high on the price for me too. Definitely had some pucker factor to click the button completing my order. I took a little sting out of it by selling two of my old packs first. I am always in a cycle of buying then selling and upgrading. If I just went straight to the final product right off the bat I would save myself a lot of money, but buying and selling is half the fun. I have accepted the fact that I am a gear junkie. It gives me something to do when it is not hunting season. I had better be careful, or my wife is going to request I go to counseling to "cure" this addiction.

• Like 1

/>It was a little high on the price for me too. Definitely had some pucker factor to click the button completing my order. I took a little sting out of it my selling two of my old packs first. I am always in a cycle of buying then selling and upgrading. If I just went straight to the final product right off the bat I would save myself a lot of money, but buying and selling is half the fun. I have accepted the fact that I am a gear junkie. It gives me something to do when it is not hunting season. I had better be careful, or my wife is going to request I go to counseling to "cure" this addiction.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! I hear ya! Hunting season has only been over for 6 days and all I can think about is next season. That is why I am trying to prepare in the meantime. Sounds like we have the same issue. : P

Look into the blacks creek solution 4800. The frame detatches from the pack and you can load your meat ect. Then reatach the bag. There is a couple vids on YouTube

• Like 1

For the Eberlestock guys:

Do you wish they had more pockets for better organization? Seems like they are great packs, but it also seems like stuff would be flying all over the place in there. Not any small compartments to keep some stuff separate. Does purchasing the waist belt accessories fix this issue? This is what is making me lean more towards badlands, tenzing, and outdoorsman. I love everything else about the eberlestocks though. The versatility of them seems incredible. Tried them on and they felt great. I still haven't gotten to try on the others yet though.

I purchased two of the large accessory pouches when I purchased my Just On which are about the exact size of swaro 15s to give you an idea. I now use these on my outdoorsmans pack. They buckle on the side of the belt very easy.

Check out Santana Outdoors who is a site sponsor. They used to give a free item and also %10 discount if you ask to CWT members on their eberlestock packs.

Also, the eberlestock bladders are top notch, but save some cash and buy a source bladder which is what an eberlestock bladder actually is with their name put on it. (I believe)

/> It was a little high on the price for me too. Definitely had some pucker factor to click the button completing my order. I took a little sting out of it my selling two of my old packs first. I am always in a cycle of buying then selling and upgrading. If I just went straight to the final product right off the bat I would save myself a lot of money, but buying and selling is half the fun. I have accepted the fact that I am a gear junkie. It gives me something to do when it is not hunting season. I had better be careful, or my wife is going to request I go to counseling to "cure" this addiction.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! I hear ya! Hunting season has only been over for 6 days and all I can think about is next season. That is why I am trying to prepare in the meantime. Sounds like we have the same issue. : P

post-754-0-11355400-1391777471.jpg

• Like 1

/>

/> It was a little high on the price for me too. Definitely had some pucker factor to click the button completing my order. I took a little sting out of it my selling two of my old packs first. I am always in a cycle of buying then selling and upgrading. If I just went straight to the final product right off the bat I would save myself a lot of money, but buying and selling is half the fun. I have accepted the fact that I am a gear junkie. It gives me something to do when it is not hunting season. I had better be careful, or my wife is going to request I go to counseling to "cure" this addiction.

553993_10151516819923639_1835638179_n.jpg

Hahahaha!! Fantastic!

/>I purchased two of the large accessory pouches when I purchased my Just On which are about the exact size of swaro 15s to give you an idea. I now use these on my outdoorsmans pack. They buckle on the side of the belt very easy.

Check out Santana Outdoors who is a site sponsor. They used to give a free item and also %10 discount if you ask to CWT members on their eberlestock packs.

Also, the eberlestock bladders are top notch, but save some cash and buy a source bladder which is what an eberlestock bladder actually is with their name put on it. (I believe)

Yes, I was on their site last night. Very good deals on things. If I go with eberlestock or badlands, I will for sure be ordering from them.

Sucks trying to find a place that isn't too far away to try these on. Been to cabelas and sportsmans. Both had the dragonfly. That is it though out of what I am interested in.

For the Eberlestock guys:

Do you wish they had more pockets for better organization? Seems like they are great packs, but it also seems like stuff would be flying all over the place in there. Not any small compartments to keep some stuff separate. Does purchasing the waist belt accessories fix this issue? This is what is making me lean more towards badlands, tenzing, and outdoorsman. I love everything else about the eberlestocks though. The versatility of them seems incredible. Tried them on and they felt great. I still haven't gotten to try on the others yet though.

The team elk has a few pockets that are internal. I thinks its perfectly laid out.

The team elk looks really awesome. Seems a bit too small though for what I am after. Kind of bummed about that, haha.

Just ordered my new pack from Santana Outdoors! Eric was SUPER helpful and informative. Amazing customer service over there. We came to the conclusion that the eberlestock J34 would be the best for my build and what I needed the pack for. Got the pack in mossy oak brush with quite a few accessories to add onto it. Should be here Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait! Thanks for all of the replies on this thread! It is nice to have access to people that are way more experienced than I am with this stuff. :-)

• Like 1

Those of you that have either the Kuiu 1850 or the Black Creek Antidote, I'd like to pick your brain because those packs aren't visible in any retail outlet and I don't know any one to let me examine.