capoeirajosh

Which Pack??

I too am debating on a new pack, I think I have narrowed it down to either a kuiu or an Outdoorsman pack. Has anyone used both of these packs, and could give a review of which one they like better. I have been reading a few horror stories about kuiu's carbon fiber frames, being very suspect on heavy pack outs. Outdoorsman's uses a carbon fiber frame as well, but I haven't found any negative reviews on theirs.

From what I have read and heard from people, the outdoorsman is an amazing pack.

the outdoorsmans is absolutely awesome, cant say it enough, "the last pack I will ever own, unless I get another!" I fit a whole coues deer(just gutted) in the main compartment and it didn't feel too bad, was different, but got used to it the more I got into the packout, I will buy a rainfly for it before next hunting season because I had all of y toilet paper in the top pouch and it rained, which got my tp wet, good thing I didn't have to take a #2. only the pockets that are on the very outside of the pack got wet, didn't get inside. only downside, otherwise it is perfect versatile: you can separate the frame from the pack and have a pack frame that can take on an elk qrt. love it

I used to think eberlestock was the way to go. The. I got the tenzing cf13 carbon fiber pack system and absolutely love it. The way the suspension fits the size of the bag and how much it expands and the wide variety of uses that it can be used for!. Its a bit pricey but well worth the dough!

/>I used to think eberlestock was the way to go. The. I got the tenzing cf13 carbon fiber pack system and absolutely love it. The way the suspension fits the size of the bag and how much it expands and the wide variety of uses that it can be used for!. Its a bit pricey but well worth the dough!

Great pack!! I actually ended up going with the Eberlestock J34. So far, I love it. The cf13 was definitely on my research list, but the price kept me from jumping on it. Glad to hear that it is working well for you. I haven't heard a whole lot of people using tenzing. Don't know why. They seem like great packs.

The tenzing pack looks great but ouch on the price!

Lots of good packs out there, nice to have choices. I had never even heard of tenzing.

just looked at the tenzing cf13, and all I can say it wow, and I thought that the KUIU and Outdoorsmans Packs were expensive.....

• Like 1

This is a good thread. I spent a month or so last year looking for a new pack so this helps out a lot and I may look into the outdoorsmans line of packs. DO they make them locally? Seems every pack I looked at last year was made in China. I'd like to have one custom made with a large zipper pocket on the outside for access to the stuff I need more often and a long pouch on each side to carry a few litre bottles of water.

Patrick,

I always keep the TP in a freezer sandwich bag just for that reason. LOL

• Like 1

Haha, TP goes in a ziplock in my pack as well. :-)

• Like 5

This is a good thread. I spent a month or so last year looking for a new pack so this helps out a lot and I may look into the outdoorsmans line of packs. DO they make them locally? Seems every pack I looked at last year was made in China. I'd like to have one custom made with a large zipper pocket on the outside for access to the stuff I need more often and a long pouch on each side to carry a few litre bottles of water.

Patrick,

I always keep the TP in a freezer sandwich bag just for that reason. LOL

yeah I do the same now...... I looked pretty stupid.....

to address your ?s- the outdoorsmans packs are made in the USA, and I am pretty sure they are completely assembled in phoenix. you could always call them, they would love to answer your ?s

The new kuiu 6000 $350 3 lbs 9 oz with frame and suspension

3000 ci bag $89 12 0z bag only

1800 ci bag $69 9 oz bag only

$510 you have 3 backpacks

change out the bags utilizing the same frame and suspension.

Not a lot of bells and whistles but super light.

One of the cwt sponsors has a video posted about them.

• Like 2

Thinking real hard about ordering one.

• Like 2

the 3000 an 1800 wont start shipping out till June 1st.... i watched the live stream Kuiu did on them. the 6000 will ship april or may 1st

the 3000 an 1800 wont start shipping out till June 1st.... i watched the live stream Kuiu did on them. the 6000 will ship april or may 1st

Me too. I was hoping to win one.

Me too. I was hoping to win one.

thats why i watched it haha...im debating on getting all the bags. then ill be set no matter what kind of hunt i get

• Like 1