PRDATR

Need a quick trigger job on an AR

The stock one (which I'd like to keep) is gritty and has some take up (creep) I'd like to eliminate. Looking for a week or less.

Timney makes a great drop in. in stock....... made in Phoenix !!!

They do but I want to keep the original trigger and there are a few more affordable triggers like the ALG. The high dollar triggers are great for competition or for new shooters who don't know how to control a trigger.

Timney makes a great drop in. in stock....... made in Phoenix !!!

They do but I want to keep the original trigger and there are a few more affordable triggers like the ALG. The high dollar triggers are great for competition or for new shooters who don't know how to control a trigger.

Go check out YouTube! Lots of videos you can watch and make simple modifications to the trigger you have now.

I can do it for you and have it back quickly.

Pm me if you still need it done

I think a friend of mine (edge) sent you a pm about me also

So how did the trigger job turn out, shoot the AR yet?

It turned out great and I'm very happy with it. The creep is all but gone and a lighter set of springs were also put in to reduce the pull from the 7 or 8 pounds down to about 4.

It is much nicer to shoot now and I used it on Saturday to bag a Javelina.

You got one that's great, got any pics. Glad I could help

No pictures this time. It was an average sized pig. I was about 200 yards from camp when I realized I didn't have my camera and did not want to go back for it. This was just after 6am on Saturday morning. I hiked looking for sign and glassing as I went but did not see anything in the usual places I have see sign in the past two years. I was getting ready to hike into an area that looked promising when I noticed another hunter glassing the area from the ridge above it so I decided to go in a different direction so as not to disturb him. By now I was about 1.5 miles from camp headed off to the edge of a huge canyon where I had also seen pigs last year. I had gone about another 400 yards when I saw one feeding about 75 yards away and shot it from a sitting position.

Four others busted out from the brush going in different directions and I made my way over to the pig after putting a couple of more rounds into him to anchor him using Fiocchi 223 with 45gr VMAX.

Not a bad round as there was almost no bloodshot meat but next time I will use a 62gr softpoint.

When I got to the pig I noticed that one of the others had circled around to the north of me about 150 yards. I could see the other hunter still up on the ridgetop about 900 yards away and he and his companion were now decending down from it. I assumed they were headed out as there was a road about a 1/4 mile from where they were but a few hours later when I was back at camp they drove past and I walked out to chat with them. They actually went after the lone pig but were unable to track him down. We chatted for a bit and the driver commented on my CWT shirt I had on and as it turned out he is also a member here but I'll leave it up to him if he wants to come forward. As it turned out I was 1.68 GPS miles from camp and taking my time it too me 2.5 hours to hike back sticking mostly to the bottoms of the sandy washes and stopping about every 20 minutes to drink some water and rest in the shade. I took two bottles of water with me and each was 50oz's. Back at camp I ate the turkey sandwich I'd made the night before and had left in the cooler. But I had taken other food with me, sardines, an apple, a granola bar and a bag of almonds and jerky. Of which I only ate most of the almonds and jerky and then the apple just before I boned out the pig. The rest of the afternoon in camp was spent washing up and changing into street clothes, chopping wood and cooking dinner. I slept good that night and got up at 7, broke camp and was home around 10:30. I saw very little sign this year and no snakes. However I did kick up a 3x3 MD, the first deer I had seen in this area since I began hunting it. So now I am 2 for 3 on pigs hunting this area but I could have taken one last year a couple of times but I held off trying to get my son a shot but he couldn't seal the deal. Pigs are his nemesis so I continue to do the solo thing which suits my hunting style but it sure is boring back at camp, LOL.