Sign in to follow this  
deserthntr

Duracoat?

well i have a little bit of extra cash from my taxes after buying tires for my truck, so i want to re-duracoat my gun. Any suggestions of someone who does good work in the valley? Or other options besides duracoat youd suggest?

i was thinking about going through beastmode and i like the options i have... but how well does it hold up compared to a duracoat? and does the duracoat spray paint hold up well since you wouldnt bake it on?

Duracoat does not hold up well, IMO. I have it on a rifle and it's ok, but it will come off with strong gun cleaner like Montana or Sweets and it does chip.

Cerokote is much better.

There are several applicators in the valley.

here is one in Chandler - http://www.specializeddynamics.com/

need to do my weatherby mag tends to like to rust fast. cerokote thanks for asking the question. does anyone no someone who does magna porting?

need to do my weaterby mag tends to like to rust fast. cerokote thnnks for asking the question. does anyone no someone who does magna porting?

Wipe it down with Eszox. Nothing else even come close.

http://www.eezox.com/

• Like 1

You can now get it in a spray can with both parts if you care to do it yourself.

Predator, does this hold up as well as getting it done professionally?

i did notice that the duracoat chipped pretty easy, and i wasnt all to happy with it. sounds like beastmode hydrographics or cerakote is the way to go.

You can now get it in a spray can with both parts if you care to do it yourself.

Predator, does this hold up as well as getting it done professionally?

I don't know as I have not used it but it should as it still needs to be baked on from what I have read. The new spray can design has a separate canister inside for the catalyst which mixes when it is sprayed. This should help make it less expensive for the average DIY'er. From what I have seen the prep work is pretty labor intensive and not everyone has a couple of hundred around to do a rifle or pistol.