Sign in to follow this  
joelpresmyk8

Vortex vulture line 'please help'

Hey friends I really need your help! I don't have any experience with the vulture line of the Vortex products and I'm just curious how they work. I was going to look into the vulture hd 15 x 56s when they came out. Obviously they're cheaper for a reason and I just wanted to know why the vulture have lower prices? Bads and goods? Thanx so much for the help.

I have heard nothing but good things and that they are gonna take over the 15x56 market

The Vortex Vulture 10x50's were the first pair of binoculars that I purchased for hunting.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexvulture10x50

I could not look through them for prolonged periods of time and clarity was decent at best.

I still have the Vulture 10x50's, as a backup to a backup and they have been broken and warranteed twice by Vortex. One tripod incident and one eye cup slipping incident. Huge +1 to the Vortex warranty.

I have a Vortex Diamondback riflescope and my brother has Viper 15x50's, both GREAT products for the money. But wasn't a fan of the Vulture line.

I have looked through the 10X56's and they were really nice for the price. Cant wait to look through the 15X56's to see if the quality is still there. If it is am picking up a set for sure!

Ok thank you guys for the fast input! I'm definitely the type to do a lot of studying but it's nice to hear from friends on this website with personal first hand info.

believe you would be happier with the Vipers, in addition to the comment here about prolonged use spoke with a couple guys last season that had the same issue, you want glass you can look through all day long, not in 15 to 30 minute stints then have to rest your eyes for a while before you can get back on the glass

I guess I've never seen a pair of binoculars that I had that problem with, is it that your eyes are straining too hard and they just get tired and you have to stop?

is it that your eyes are straining too hard and they just get tired and you have to stop?

Something like that..

Those Vulture 10x50's give me a noticable headache by mid morning if relentlessly glassing, they start to blend the homogenous country side together after a few hours making it tougher to pick out critters, and sometimes they would strain my eyes enough to make my entire body tired. I often wanted quick power naps to snap out of the funk. Everyone's eyes are different, though this seems to be the trend with friends joining on hunts and using the same pair of glass. And I would rule out it's just my pair because one of my warranties was a full replacement. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I have already ordered a pair. I will let you know how they are. The vortex rep said it should arrive at the end of February.

I used a pair of Viper 15x50s in mexico for a week this year and absolutely loved them, they are small, compact and had good light transmission early and late. I was finding more deer than I ever have. Definitely a good glass especially for the money. I haven't had any experience with the Vultures but really liked the Vipers. hope this helps.

I guess I should add I used to have the Viper 10x50s but I wanted a pair of 15s. I absolutely loved them but have just been waiting to buy a pair of 15x56s and the new vultures at that price will put me where I need to be to buy them

I got the Vulture 15x56 in today. I hope to get them out next weekend doing a little coyote hunting. I know they won't compare to a lot of the brands but I am excited to get them out. For $412 to my door I couldn't pass them up.

I got the Vulture 15x56 in today. I hope to get them out next weekend doing a little coyote hunting. I know they won't compare to a lot of the brands but I am excited to get them out. For $412 to my door I couldn't pass them up.

I'm sure you will enjoy them. Let us know how you like them. :)

TJ

I haven't got them out yet but at glance they look pretty good. Hopefully on memorial weekend I can use them. Planning on going to the shoot up north.