Whose gonna be there?! And what are you taking? I didn't have any time this year to get out much but made the most of what I could and am taking 8 cats and a couple foxes. The coyotes ended up thrown in the bushes.

• Like 1

Same with the not alot of time thing. Taking one cat and 8 fox. Will be in a CWT shirt and a Covert trail camera hat. Will be dropping the fur off early and making a run to set a camera or two. Will be back for the auction.

I'll be dropping off my fur on Friday. Won't be able to be there forthe auction. I'll be bringing 32 fox 6 coyotes and 2 cats, all called.

Brian

• Like 4

the sale ts this sat. you can check your in on Friday starting at 12.00

Just wondering how things were selling today. I couldn't make it down there but have a partner and we're still going. Pulled a tom today which put us at 19 for the season so far. Thinking of hitting the Kingman sale next month.

Sure was a lot of good lookin cats there!

Auction is still going on. There was a cat go for $1020 and one go as low as $50. I bet average was in the $225 range maybe. Lots of cats being sold, hard to keep track of everything. Not many going over $400. I left there a half hour ago and there is still several more hours to go.

Brian

I was there until the very end. The sale was VERY disappointing for a lot of people. The majority actually. The one top cat went for 1025 but after that there was one at 800 maybe 5 at 700 and about a billion down around 100-200. Average if they are lucky is 200. If they try and come out and say it broke 275 they are straight lying. Last year average was up around 480 if I remember right. Problem here was there were only two buyers that were really interested in cats. All buyers bought some but when you only have two guys competing for the majority of cats they weren't getting very high. Just a guess but I would guess out of the 1000 or so bobcats there only 600 sold. A few guys had some good averages but the majority of the cats they were able to buy they made a killing off of them. Cats you would guess would go for 400 to 500 bucks they would stop bidding at 150. The market is down obviously but I don't think it's down that much from some other buyers that weren't there said. I personally had 7 cats and pulled them all and will try my luck at kingman. I think these prices will definitely drive away all the hundreds of guys that just jumped into trapping after last year hoping to make some money off the craze.

It does sound disappointing. I bet you are right about the prices driving people away. I for one started this year but have been going with some guys for a few years and I enjoy being out there but find it hard to find time . I missed half of the season this year due to work in the bottom of Grand Canyon counting fish ( not for azgf ) , but I'm sure most guys miss a bunch of the season due to work. I guess we will see how things turn out up at Kingman.

/>I was there until the very end. The sale was VERY disappointing for a lot of people. The majority actually. The one top cat went for 1025 but after that there was one at 800 maybe 5 at 700 and about a billion down around 100-200. Average if they are lucky is 200. If they try and come out and say it broke 275 they are straight lying. Last year average was up around 480 if I remember right. Problem here was there were only two buyers that were really interested in cats. All buyers bought some but when you only have two guys competing for the majority of cats they weren't getting very high. Just a guess but I would guess out of the 1000 or so bobcats there only 600 sold. A few guys had some good averages but the majority of the cats they were able to buy they made a killing off of them. Cats you would guess would go for 400 to 500 bucks they would stop bidding at 150. The market is down obviously but I don't think it's down that much from some other buyers that weren't there said. I personally had 7 cats and pulled them all and will try my luck at kingman. I think these prices will definitely drive away all the hundreds of guys that just jumped into trapping after last year hoping to make some money off the craze.

+1

There is going to be a lot of people

That put their cats in and were not there, that when they get their check are going to be sick. I pulled my cats too. I let my fox and coyotes go.

Brian

• Like 1