Sign in to follow this  
Basser15

Meat Processor in N or NW Phoenix

Hey guys, I just moved to North Phoenix and am in need of a good processor in the area. Previously I was able to take my game to WGP in Tucson and they did a fantastic job. I have several coues boned out in my freezer right now and need to be made in to some Italian sausage, breakfast sausage, etc.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Looks like it will be Denmarks for the sausage. Thanks guys.

For future reference is there anyone around the area that takes bone in wild game and is worth going to?

I do it myself including making my own sausage. Buy a grinder and Bruce Aidell's Complete Sausage book and follow the instructions, then you can modify to your taste in your next batches. I mix 2/3 game with 1/3 ground pork except for javelina, them I do 50/50 just so I get a little more. I used a counter-top grinder for years, $100 to $120 so there is not a big expense involved.

If you are married or have a girlfriend send her to the next Becoming An Outdoor Woman workshop up in Prescott in April. I teach a sausage making class there or my daughter does & I oversee and drink beer. There is also one in Aug/Sep, my daughter teaches this one, I'm usually busy that time of year.