Sign in to follow this  
EagleEye

Robbery in suspect vehicle pics added. Power and Mcdowell

I am a member of the Arizona Powerstroke Group Forum so if we are pretty sure it is an Excursion let me know and I'll let the other members know and they can see if it is one that someone recognizes or maybe one of the Shops in the East Valley know of it.

It shouldn't be too hard to track down as there are only a handful of shops that work on these and there are not a lot of them running around.

I am 99.9% sure that is a Ford Excursion. I saved the pics to my computer and zoomed them in the best I could. Ford Excursions have the "Excursion" badge on the upper part of the front fender (just in front of the side mirrors). The only thing I can think of comparable to an Excursion would be the Suburban/Yukon. Surburbans have the side moldings/trim on the doors. With either the Suburban badge on the rear door or sometimes the 1500/2500 badge just above the side molding/trim on the front driver & passenger doors. From what I can see in the 2 pictures it is a Ford Excursion because of the badge placement and also the window drop that the front doors have on Fords (2000-2005 Excursions & 2004+ F150).

Based on what I have seen in the pics I would say the truck is a 2000-2003 Ford Excursion. Maybe even 2004? I'm basing it off of the front grille because I know for sure the 2005 Excursions had the newer Bar style front grille.

I believe that in 2005 the front clips changed but a lot of guys swapped them out on the older trucks to make them look like the 2005's which could be the case as the headlights look wrong for a 2000-2003 model but the 2000-2001 headlights are crap and don't give very much light so most of the owners have upgraded them to a new style.

Yes very true I know alot of people switched out their older front grilles for the newer ones. I don't think this one in the pics has the newer grille. From what I can tell it has the fenced type grill. The front headlights might also be some HID headlights. I don't see too much of the amber color in the pics, but when zoomed in you can see a small spot of different color between the black paint and the white of the headlights.