Sign in to follow this  
EagleEye

Robbery in suspect vehicle pics added. Power and Mcdowell

Thanks everyone I have a little update this is a crew working the area, they hit a house a few blocks away last tues same M O also found a neighbor with a video cam of a lowered black all tint windows full size suv expedition or GMC XL Yukon with chrome wheels and neighbors saw some people loitering. Does anyone know about anchoring safes in posttension slabs they never anchored because its a rental. Anyway thanks

If it is PT then have it x-rayed before drilling. There are companies that can do that it is pretty common practice in Commercial Construction.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss

Unfortunately those safes are very easy manipulated and easy to open so I'm sure they have already gotten into it.

When in the market for another safe let me know. I sell gun safes and can also anchor it for you.

I get most calls from google to open safes so i will tell my office to keep a look out for anyone looking for help to get one open.

Thanks everyone I have a little update this is a crew working the area, they hit a house a few blocks away last tues same M O also found a neighbor with a video cam of a lowered black all tint windows full size suv expedition or GMC XL Yukon with chrome wheels and neighbors saw some people loitering. Does anyone know about anchoring safes in posttension slabs they never anchored because its a rental. Anyway thanks
i anchor safes and also sell gun safes. Let me know if i can help in any way

SOME BEACH! Sorry to hear that, I'll keep an eye out in the Tucson area. String them lil bastards up by their nads!

/>

A Hilti drill and some redheads and your anchored

unless you hit cable!! Then you cracked, leaking, and fu$ked!!
Hammer drill will stop on a cable or rebar. If you hit one, pick another spot to set an anchor. Not a big deal.
  • Like 1

/>

A Hilti drill and some redheads and your anchored

unless you hit cable!! Then you cracked, leaking, and fu$ked!!
Hammer drill will stop on a cable or rebar. If you hit one, pick another spot to set an anchor. Not a big deal.

Not necessarily with a cable. I've seen them shoot out of a PT slab from nothing more than a hammer drill. Happened at Raintree Corporate Center, and there was a cable sticking 15' out of a Spandral Window Pane. Xray or image the floor. It is not inexpensive, but it costs less than busting a cable. Trust me ... I've seen it many times. It is not worth the risk.

• Like 2

First off, getting a professional is the way to go, but if someone wanted to try it themselves they could figure the layout themselves. Go outside and look along the foundation wall. Most post tension homes have that portion of the post tension cables above the ground line. You will see the cups or cable access points along the foundation wall, they may be filled in but you can see a difference in color. You could measure them off and map them out. Honestly, its not worth the trouble doing it yourself.

Looks like a Ford excursion to me. Those were made I believe from 2000-2005. From what I can tell from the pics it has the "fenced" type front grille. Which would be the earlier model years. My buddy has a 2000 Exscursion and his has the "fenced" type of grille.

Early years front grille -

51D3525B-1139-417C-9809-8FBFBE1C1CAC_zps

Late years front grille -

82A4265E-ED80-4254-8093-856B63B454A9_zps

You don't see many of these vehicles around, hopefully someone will locate it and at least get a license plate for LE to follow-up on.

I am a member of the Arizona Powerstroke Group Forum so if we are pretty sure it is an Excursion let me know and I'll let the other members know and they can see if it is one that someone recognizes or maybe one of the Shops in the East Valley know of it.

It shouldn't be too hard to track down as there are only a handful of shops that work on these and there are not a lot of them running around.