Seldom Drawn

Deadline is over

/>8 early archery 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice

8 late rifle 5 & 6

Good luck everyone

Does it really help to put in the same hunt multiple times?

Just wondering.[/

No, but it doesn't make sense to put in for those hunts for 3rd - 5th choices either, but people do it.

23N archery bull 1st and 10 archery bull 2nd with a wad of NR points!! Fingers crossed!!

It does help to do the same hunt for 1st and second choice. The reason is: Lets say 1st choice bonus point pass is 14 points, and second choice is 9. You have 10 points. You will get your 2nd choice, and will have never had a chance for your first. So if you do the same hunt for both, then you are not going to get drawn during bonus point phase, but you still have a chance during 1st and 2nd choice phase.

Hopefully this makes sense.

/>

It does help to do the same hunt for 1st and second choice. The reason is: Lets say 1st choice bonus point pass is 14 points, and second choice is 9. You have 10 points. You will get your 2nd choice, and will have never had a chance for your first. So if you do the same hunt for both, then you are not going to get drawn during bonus point phase, but you still have a chance during 1st and 2nd choice phase.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Or you could just put in for one choice. Writing it down a second time doesn't help you any.

Most people that write it down twice, do so, so that their 3rd, 4th and 5th choice also get consideration if not drawn for 1st or second.

If you only do 1 choice, you have no chance at 3rd choice cow hunt or something to that nature..

Some people fill out all 5 choices so they can hunt even if they do not get their most sought after tag.

I do not know anyone who puts a 1st choice, skips second and then writes a 3rd. I suppose this would work tho..

I only put in for 2 choices (slim and none) with my 17 elk points. Unit 27 early rifle and unit 1 muzzy. According to my limited brain power, neither of these will dip into the 17 pt range in the bonus pass this year. We all know the rest of the tags go to folks with a couple points that are real lucky. I am fully prepared for the rejection and point #18, but still look forward to the results being announced.

• Like 1