Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

#13...

So my question is this. What should have been done? Should the game and fish never try to reestablish herds? Would a all out blitz on lions before a stocking just cause a media nightmare? I'm just wondering what all you guy think should have happened. I like the idea of having herds reestablished but not at the expense of loosing so many animals with little chance of survival.

• Like 1

There were sheep there before, in that exact location, and they all died.

DUH!

• Like 2

Yeah the same people that moved into the base of the 'Mountain Lions" range all around the Catalinas!!! pushed them closer together!!....are the first to call faul for killing the lions after they moved in the home range!!!... the Herd of lions needs to be culled!! i mean they need to drop the population no matter if we have Sheep or not!! there has been alot of close calls with human (Hikers) and lion encounters!!!....yes we had Sheep there before but the lions got out hand!! our deer herds are taking a beating as well!! and with all the hunts...(.i think 9 differnt hunts??).. they have in unit #33 how long will deer last??? pig numbers are dropping as well!!! ....all im saying there is more then one way to skin a cat!!! ;)