Sign in to follow this  
rkv09

Suggestions for new scope

I am looking at getting a new scope for my rifle. I had a vx3 4.5-14 but I wanted some more magnification. I am looking at the vortex pst 6-24 or the ziess conquest 6-20. What are your guys suggestions? I have a vortex viper hs and I like it, so leaning towards the vortex now.

I just recently got a sightron siii in the 8x32x56 and it is awsome! I would def buy another!

I also just got the sightron siii 8-32x56. Haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet but glass is very crisp and clear and according to the research I did the turrets are supposed to track very well.i really like the lrmoa reticle. Only negative thing I noticed was that when you get close to 32x magnification there is a drop in clarity, it could be an issue in low light.

Also love the MOA reticle! The 1/8 MOA dot in middle makes aiming small that much easier! Low light not bad but last light towards sun was fun. Better to back out a little bit to 24. It's really nice having the the high end even if u don't need it. Plus 70minutes of travel is enough for most guns ! The only negative thing I have read bout sightron is not as durable as night force. But what scope is? I fell on my vxiii 6.5x20x50 LR and it was off by 8 inches at 100yrds! Sightron also has lifetime warranty

IMO, I go ZEISS all the way. for 500-700$ they are the best scope out there. Only drawback is limited MOA adjustment. Need to get a 20 moa base to shoot longer range.

I figured a guy could use the 32x in good light and if you have to back it out to 24x in lower light you are still not losing anything compared to the vortex viper pst. The dot at the cross hair looked great. I still have at least a couple weeks before I can get my rifle back from the gunsmith to try it out. It's killing me!