Sign in to follow this  
andrewmilich

WTB Military MRE's for Missions Trip to Uganda

I am going to Uganda for 14 days on a missions trip to help rebuild an orphanage and also preach Jesus. I am looking to buy real MRE's as I have a sensitive stomach and am afraid I may not be able to eat local food. Anyone have any they would be willing to sell or where I can get some?

thanks

Andy

/>Thank you so much. You are such a blessing. I cant wait. minus the 28 hour plane flight. But the orphanage has 1600 kids. its called destiny schools uganda. Awesome work of God

Nice!!! yeah i had to borrow ;) mre's from and air force base cuz i just couldn't handle eating any more goat in Africa'ish areas i was in.. yuk hate goat! they taste and smell the same. i will keep you and your party in prayer.

after my first missions trip to africa, i now eat anything. Someone's throwing some fries away at burger king, and i'm like, hey, can i have that?

dragging mre's half way around the world will be a chore. I would brave the local fare and give the mre's to the kids. You'll lose weight, trust me. But they do have coke in a bottle.

i'd worry more about malaria and preaching Jesus.

Good luck.

Thanks all for the encouragement. The MRE's are a great back up for the whole team as I have some elderly people coming also. Not to worried about the lugging them around. Used to eat MRE's when backpacking mountains. Good to go. I like the skittles they put in there.

I agree I can't wait to Preach the word. I was a full time pastor for 15 years so I am excited to see others use their gifts on this trip. No Malaria ...got the pills.

As always:

The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

Proverbs 12:27

Not cheap. I make my own. That way you have things you like. Took a little while to organize but once organized vacum sealing was easy. Plus you can do calories ie 800 calorie snack pack or a 2000 dinner pack.

PM me your address and I will send you some. When do you need them by ?

After my Africa adventure in 2000 I look at food differently, I now eat things I never liked. You will learn to like the bush meat. One of the worst things I ate there was a chicken, well, they said it was a chicken and it looked like one. The curdled cows blood was better.

Enjoy the adventure.

After my Africa adventure in 2000 I look at food differently, I now eat things I never liked. You will learn to like the bush meat. One of the worst things I ate there was a chicken, well, they said it was a chicken and it looked like one. The curdled cows blood was better.

Enjoy the adventure.

I am looking forward to seeing whats for dinner thats for sure. Thanks for the encouragement